1. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '04 11:09
    That doesn't make sense.

If it's not supposed to be "blind" anymore then when I challenge a clan I shouldn't just see "Opponent 1" and a rating of n/a, I should see the name of the first opponent in the clan and their rating.

If it's not blind anymore then there should be no need for me to PM the clan leader as they should be able to see exactly who I have sent over in the challenge.

What would work best is two drop down menus one for each clan, you click and choose to propose a line up and then click send. The opposing clan leader then has three choices, accept as it, or edit and resend to confirm or cancel. It should be possible to send this back anf forth between the clan leaders until a match is agreed. Why should this be so difficult?
  2. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    17 Sep '04 11:111 edit
    The clan being challenged see's the lineup and the players ratings plus an overall rating. I had to hit accept to find this though. The under this is an accept challenge link, but no deny. I wonder if I could have backed out of the window and let it go, or should there be a decline challenge link at this point?

After I accept a challenge and send my lineup, should'nt the other clan leader then be given the option of accepting or denying? This would just be the fairest way with all players disclosed on both sides.

Nyxie wonders
  3. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '04 11:28
    The problem is that you may have one or two or more players who's current rating is not their actual rating due to mass time outs, for example in my clan I have SteveC who is a 2000+ player but due to mass time outs his rating is currently 1500ish. I want to send fair challenges so I need to see who Opponent 1 or 4 is, or at least what thier rating is, otherwise I will send an unfair challenge.
  4. London
    Moves
    17 Sep '04 16:29
    Originally posted by Russ
    Ok, guys, this has to be the most requested clan fix ever. Funny thing is, I originally thought that the blind challenges would add something to the clan challenges. I should have changed this along time back.

I was going to bundle this up with the clan update, but I will do this TODAY!!!! (I like to dramatise these things.)

-Russ

BTW : I have started the clan league work now too.
    Excellent work Russ!
  5. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '04 13:571 edit
    What is the logic behind not showing the names and ratings of the opposing clan when clan leaders select their players for a challenge? I really fail to see why it needs to be blind at all?
  6. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    18 Sep '04 14:07
    Originally posted by Exy
    The problem is that you may have one or two or more players who's current rating is not their actual rating due to mass time outs, for example in my clan I have SteveC who is a 2000+ player but due to mass time outs his rating is currently 1500ish. I want to send fair challenges so I need to see who Opponent 1 or 4 is, or at least what thier rating is, otherwise I will send an unfair challenge.
    you sent me a challenge with SteveC when my top players aren't avalible? doesn't make sense
  7. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '04 14:302 edits
    Originally posted by tlai1992
    you sent me a challenge with SteveC when my top players aren't avalible? doesn't make sense
    How was I to know, it just said Opponent 1, rating n/a. If Russ now agrees that blind challenges don't work then let's change it totally so that challengers can easily send fair challenges too.
  8. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    18 Sep '04 14:53
    Originally posted by Exy
    How was I to know, it just said Opponent 1, rating n/a. If Russ now agrees that blind challenges don't work then let's change it totally so that challengers can easily send fair challenges too.
    well if you looked at my clan you'll c that neither Trackhead nor kingcaptured is avalible. Its common sense
  9. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    18 Sep '04 14:55
    Originally posted by Exy
    the n/a is the lineup your opponent is going to use. Example

Someone1234 vs. n/a

And i accept

Someone 1234 vs. Someone 1300

Get it?
  10. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '04 18:532 edits
    I will PM Russ and see what he says.
  11. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    19 Sep '04 09:48
    The system I was hoping for was an option to send across a complete matched pairs challenge that the opposing clan leader could view and accept or decline. Until we get this there is still going to be lots of time consuming personal messaging to endure 🙁

Andrew
  12. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 09:40
    Clan Leaders vote here:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=14505

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree