Castling

Standard memberDeepCrimson
Help 10 Nov '04 01:27
  1. Joined
    01 Nov '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 01:271 edit
    Erm....

Rather reluctantly asking for help here, but maybe others have had a similar problem.

I move my king to castle and the rook doesn't then move to complete the move !

Now, as I understand the castling rule, I have not moved either the king or the rook, neither have I been in ' check ' while waiting to perform this manouver.

What is it I am doing wrong ? I have read the help page related to the subject and tried to follow the instructions, yet I still seem to need assistance !

Feeling dumb,

Deep Crimson

😕😕😕
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 01:53
    Originally posted by DeepCrimson

I move my king to castle and the rook doesn't then move to complete the move !
    Just move the king 2 places and click move, the rook movement is automatic.

D
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 07:47
    and have a short look in the faq: http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=castling
    th
  4. Joined
    01 Nov '04
    Moves
    11 Nov '04 05:17
    Thanks guys,

I realise that I wasn't comfortable with submitting the move without it completing beforehand, ie the rook switching over with the king before I confirmed the process !

Thanks for your help !
  5. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    11 Nov '04 13:02
    Conditions for castling:

-The rook in question has not been moved yet.
    -Your king has not been moved yet.
    -You are nit in check
    -The squares your king passes and lands on are not attacked by an opponents piece

You CAN castle after you have been in check, as long as above conditions are met.
  6. Joined
    01 Nov '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 10:40
    Thanks for the last bit about castling after having been in check ....... it's been quite a while since I played
    so I will probably be asking a few MORE basic questions before too long !!!!!!

much appreciated !

DC
  7. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 10:47
    No problem 🙂

It seems to be something that more people think. My father thought that was a rule as well, but as long as i've been playing chess check does not affect castling per se 🙂
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 11:34
    @DeepCrimson
    You did ask the question about castleing in general, no? I couln't find a game where you wanted ro castle, but were not able to. 🙂
    th

PS: games can be easily linked: Game 123456

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree