1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 03:173 edits
    Originally posted by impatient
    Uninformed answer. My average move was within minutes until I had to leave town to help a family member in a crisis. You are making alot of assumptions King Poster David. I played very rapidly until that day, then had to leave for one day - then he wouldnt take a rematch. Then I saw he was doing that to alot of people. Is that good sportmanship. Ju ...[text shortened]... on skill - I guess not.

As for why it is in the help forum - simply read my initial question!
    Look, I'm not assuming anything. You lost the game because you didn't move in time. For whatever reason. It does not matter! Maybe he doesn't have class, or manners, or good sportsmanship. Thats besides the point. You need to take responsabilty for your actions. You accepted a game with a 24hr timeout and no timebank. And you couldn't stick to the time limit for whatever reason, and you lost the game because of that. Your're not the first person thats been pissed off because of being timed out, and you won't be the last. Accept it and move on, And do your best to make sure it doesn't happen to you again. All your crying is not gonna change a thing.
    Did you put up your vacation flag explaining that you had to help a family member in a crisis???? Did you message your opponent quickly before you left explaining why you had to leave and ask him nicely not to time you out??? Or did you just assume he was gonna look at the timeout skull and wait for you to come back and finish him off??? I went over the game and you clearly had it won. I'm sure that's the reason wadmaster didn't rematch you. Can't you just accept in your own mind that you would have clearly won the game if you had moved in time ??? Move on and quit your sniveling.
  2. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 20:04
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Look, I'm not assuming anything. You lost the game because you didn't move in time. For whatever reason. It does not matter! Maybe he doesn't have class, or manners, or good sportsmanship. Thats besides the point. You need to take responsabilty for your actions. You accepted a game with a 24hr timeout and no timebank. And you couldn't stick to the ...[text shortened]... clearly won the game if you had moved in time ??? Move on and quit your sniveling.
    Clearly nothing I have said is whining crying or sniveling. I have clearly said I think it is bad sportmanship, etc. I didnt say I shouldnt have lost the game. If you actually read my comments, I think it is poor manners not to accept rematches, take timouts agains several people, and not have your rating reflect it. You need to learn the difference between someone stating their opinion and whinging.
    I make comments not based on fact or what was actually said. You obviously like the sound (writing) of your own voice, that is why you feel compelled to share your (not so) esteemed opinion on so many topics in the various forums. You obviously have no life.
  3. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 20:06
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    No big deal you say in your post, but worth pitching a hissy-fit over.

Did you PM this user and ask if you guys could try again, or just send a game with no PM? Perhaps he already started a new game... if you asked nice perhaps he would have time for another game in the future.
    Where is the hissy fit? Saying it pissed me off is a hissy fit? You obviouly feel like a bigger person when you talk like this to others, regardless of whether it is based in fact or reality.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 20:231 edit
    Clearly nothing I have said is whining crying or sniveling. I have clearly said I think it is bad sportmanship, etc. I didnt say I shouldnt have lost the game. If you actually read my comments, I think it is poor manners not to accept rematches, take timouts agains several people, and not have your rating reflect it. You need to learn the difference ...[text shortened]... (not so) esteemed opinion on so many topics in the various forums. You obviously have no life.
    Clearly everything you have said is whining, crying and sniveling. I have quite a good life, thank you. You're the one who needs to get a life and quit your sniveling over a board game that you lost. And who cares what you think is poor manners??? Not anyone here. Grow up and move on little, impatient baby boy. And you would'nt know the facts about anything if they slaped you in the face. Your to busy thinking you're above everyone else and only what you think matters. Just like a impatient little kid. And I can tell your posts are so esteemed by all the responses by others to this one. Grow up!!!
  5. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 20:37
    Clearly everything you have said is whining, crying and sniveling. I have quite a good life, thank you. You're the one who needs to get a life and quit your sniveling over a board game that you lost. And who cares what you think is poor manners??? Not anyone here. Grow up and move on little, impatient baby boy. And you would'nt know the facts about a ...[text shortened]... can tell your posts are so esteemed by all the responses by others to this one. Grow up!!!
    Name calling is used by some at a poor replacement for rational intelligent thinking, when one is not able to do so. I think you have made it real clear who is the immature one here, just spewing groundless thoughts and actually thinking someone values your opinion. I certainly dont and wont be reading any more of your irrational fantasies. Learn to read.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 00:34
    Name calling is used by some at a poor replacement for rational intelligent thinking, when one is not able to do so. I think you have made it real clear who is the immature one here, just spewing groundless thoughts and actually thinking someone values your opinion. I certainly dont and wont be reading any more of your irrational fantasies. Learn to read.
    Facts:

1) You started a 1/0 game.
    2) You overstepped your time control.
    3) Your opponent legally timed you out.
    4) You whined about it in the forums.
    5) People told you to be quiet.
    6) You continued to whine.
    7) You claimed you aren't whining while still whining.

Shall I continue?

You lost because you didn't comply to the time controls you agreed to when you started the game. The opponent was completely within his rights to claim the game. Did you even tell your opponent (by PM or game message or vacation flag) that you were away?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 06:15
    Impatient is beginning to lose respect here.
    He's into a discussion he's about to lose. But tres desperatly to hang on to his view.

I say this:
    I skull people (not during their informed vacancies) and I'm not ashamed of it.
    I never start a game with 1/0 thinking time.
    I never rematch people that is complaining about little things.
    I decide the thinking time in my games.
    I decide when I start a game.
    I decide with whome I start a game.
    When I'm away I inform my fellow opponents of my vacancy so they don't just feel that I have vanished.
    If I am skulled my self - I don't complain.

But that's me, you can read it in my profile. Everyone knows it if they want to know.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 15:021 edit
    Where is the hissy fit? Saying it pissed me off is a hissy fit? You obviouly feel like a bigger person when you talk like this to others, regardless of whether it is based in fact or reality.
    Your problem is you don't see the hissy fit. How many people need to tell you that you are wrong, and got timed out? I'm a big man? Perhaps you are a little man.

P-

Edit! ...based on fact or reality. Based on both, I would say. Nice slip.
  9. Joined
    14 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 17:07
    any guidlines or restrictions on a players chronically timing people out, and winning mostly only games in which they have timed people out? Then wont do a rematch.

WadmasterD plays one day games with no timeback and preys on anyone who goes a minute over. Very few legitimate wins.
    Does the rating take that into consideration? Pretty cheap way to ge ...[text shortened]... o me - no big deal - but in looking at his public games - most of his wins are through timeouts.
    you accepted the game which means you have accepted his conditions. This means your opponent has the right to claim timeout no matter how you feel. Everyone gets timeouts so it is actually no big deal as it is part and parcel of the game.
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 18:33
    Impatient: Let me tell you that we are a very contentious group. We fight like cats and dogs and hardly ever agree on anything.

So, the fact that we all agree that you are wrong is significant.
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 19:11
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Impatient: Let me tell you that we are a very contentious group. We fight like cats and dogs and hardly ever agree on anything.

This post has the King David seal of approval. 😉
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 01:00
    This post has the King David seal of approval. 😉
    Thanks King.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 13:311 edit
    People who play 1/0 games are perfectly within their rights to time out anyone that goes over. It's even sweeter if the opponent has a dead-won game. The messages from the losers crying about how unfair it was and what a jerk you were for timing them out are a lot of fun to read and respond to, patiently explaining to them how chess works under time controls. It's really fun if they had a much higher rating than you and you clipped them for a buncha points when the game was resignable.
    Tee-hee.
  14. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 14:471 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night

The fact that you are all supporting a player who rarely wins other than using t/o, AND wont accept re-matches, really does say something about you all, you are correct in that.

If you actually read my initial posts - you will find that I am not saying I shouldnt have lost (as so many are stuck on), but that not accepting rematches, and basing your whole strategy on t/outs, is very poor manners and sportsmanship. that is all - support it if you want - it says alot about you all.
  15. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 14:49
    Originally posted by General Putzer
    People who play 1/0 games are perfectly within their rights to time out anyone that goes over. It's even sweeter if the opponent has a dead-won game. The messages from the losers crying about how unfair it was and what a jerk you were for timing them out are a lot of fun to read and respond to, patiently explaining to them how chess works under time ...[text shortened]... than you and you clipped them for a buncha points when the game was resignable.
    Tee-hee.
    You say winning like that is sweet - I say winning with skill is sweet. Simply a difference of opinion that reflects each of our character.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree