Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 08 Sep '05 23:16
    Can anybody tell me how to adjust the settings on my computer so that I can actually read what's on the screen? (THIS IS NOT ONLY AFFECTING MY RHP, BUT EVERY SITE THAT I GO TO) I am not sure what happened, but all of a sudden, most of the fonts on my screen are so small, that I can not even read them. It was not always like this & I am not sure how it happened, but I would like to fix it. So, can anybody help? Please 🙂

    Thanks,

    D
  2. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    08 Sep '05 23:52
    What have you done?
  3. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    08 Sep '05 23:52
    You probably should tell us what browser you're using.

    I use mozilla firefox, and at the top of the window I can click 'view', then go to text size and adjust it from there.

    Other browsers are probably similar.

    Hope that helps,
    Marc
  4. 09 Sep '05 00:14
    Changing the screen resolution of your desktop affects the size of graphics and text in IE. (If you are using Windows). Try setting it to a lower definition if this is the case.
  5. 09 Sep '05 01:30
    Originally posted by dannypitany
    Can anybody tell me how to adjust the settings on my computer so that I can actually read what's on the screen? (THIS IS NOT ONLY AFFECTING MY RHP, BUT EVERY SITE THAT I GO TO) I am not sure what happened, but all of a sudden, most of the fonts on my screen are so small, that I can not even read them. It was not always like this & I am not sure how it happened, but I would like to fix it. So, can anybody help? Please 🙂

    Thanks,

    D
    If you have a mouse with a roller, hold down the control key, and then roll the roller, and you can change the font size that way. Easy enough to set the font at whatever size you want.
  6. Standard member orfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    09 Sep '05 03:18
    If you're using Internet Explorer, try going to the View menu and Text Size submenu.

    Some websites reset this for some reason and it affects everything else afterwards.
  7. 09 Sep '05 15:33
    Originally posted by rheymans
    If you have a mouse with a roller, hold down the control key, and then roll the roller, and you can change the font size that way. Easy enough to set the font at whatever size you want.
    Thanks rheymans ... This did the trick. I must have hit the control key and rolled the roller without even noticing it. So thanks again ... It's back to normal.

    D
  8. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    09 Sep '05 15:55
    Originally posted by rheymans
    If you have a mouse with a roller, hold down the control key, and then roll the roller, and you can change the font size that way. Easy enough to set the font at whatever size you want.
    I have a mouse with a roller between the left and right buttons.
    Is that what you mean? this control lets me scroll up and down
    faster. I do what you say however, nothing like font stuff happens.
    actually nothing happens. Win 2000, IE.
  9. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    09 Sep '05 16:15
    All it took was a gesture.
  10. 10 Sep '05 16:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I have a mouse with a roller between the left and right buttons.
    Is that what you mean? this control lets me scroll up and down
    faster. I do what you say however, nothing like font stuff happens.
    actually nothing happens. Win 2000, IE.
    As Orfeo said, try clicking on 'view' in the menu bar of IE then selecting 'text size'. From here you have 5 different size settings.
  11. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    10 Sep '05 16:45
    Originally posted by rheymans
    If you have a mouse with a roller, hold down the control key, and then roll the roller, and you can change the font size that way. Easy enough to set the font at whatever size you want.
    CTRL + + and CTRL + - does the same thing. In Firefox anyway.

    D
  12. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    10 Sep '05 17:23
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    CTRL + + and CTRL + - does the same thing. In Firefox anyway.

    D
    And Mozilla. And NN.
  13. 11 Sep '05 02:11
    Originally posted by dannypitany
    Thanks rheymans ... This did the trick. I must have hit the control key and rolled the roller without even noticing it. So thanks again ... It's back to normal.

    D
    Glad that worked out for you.
  14. 11 Sep '05 02:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I have a mouse with a roller between the left and right buttons.
    Is that what you mean? this control lets me scroll up and down
    faster. I do what you say however, nothing like font stuff happens.
    actually nothing happens. Win 2000, IE.
    You need to hold down the control key on your keyboard while you scroll. It will change the font size rather than scroll the page.
  15. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    11 Sep '05 20:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    IE.
    I thought you had more sense.