Moves
    02 Jul '11 21:04
    how does this work?
  2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 23:541 edit
    Originally posted by con25
    how does this work?
    Just try one as a test. Then it will be readily apparent.

Go to the game board when it is your opponent's move. Click on "conditional moves" to the middle right under "refresh this board".

Make a move of your opponent, then make your move, and then click "submit conditional move". Done.

In the game, if your opponent then makes the move you made for him in the conditional move, then your reply move you submitted in the conditional move will be made automatically.
  3. Joined
    29 Sep '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 09:39
    Thanks,

Worked a treat !!!
  4. Joined
    19 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 13:56
    What's the differences or advantage/disadvantage to using Deep Mode version of the Conditional Moves feature?
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 17:21
    Originally posted by Javasnob2
    What's the differences or advantage/disadvantage to using Deep Mode version of the Conditional Moves feature?
    I have been curious about the deep mode version and have an idea about it but haven't looked into it.
  6. Joined
    14 Jun '11
    Moves
    21 Jul '11 11:331 edit
    In deep mode you can set up the board as you like. If you think a certain position will appear later than 1 move you can set up the board like you think it will look like after your opponents move leading to this position. Then you press "Record conditional move". After that, you make the move you would want to do if the position you set up occured during the game and then just press "Submit Conditional Move".
    Now if exactly that situation does occur on the board, the system will automatically make that recorded move for you.
    Basically it's the same as Quick mode, but you're not bound to the board at play i.e., you can set conditional moves deeper than just the next move.
  7. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 01:08
    Originally posted by Sipstaff
    In deep mode you can set up the board as you like. If you think a certain position will appear later than 1 move you can set up the board like you think it will look like after your opponents move leading to this position. Then you press "Record conditional move". After that, you make the move you would want to do if the position you set up occured during t ...[text shortened]... d to the board at play i.e., you can set conditional moves deeper than just the next move.
    Cool. Makes sense. There are times when I would like to make a conditional mover deeper than one move.
  8. Joined
    19 Jun '07
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 17:04
    can you make more than one conditional move in the same game?
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 21:201 edit
    Originally posted by Ger Conran
    can you make more than one conditional move in the same game?
    yes, under 'deep mode'.

in a row that is, there's no limit to the amount of times you can play a conditional move in either mode.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree