1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Joined
    30 Dec '03
    Moves
    176648
    16 Jul '16 13:50
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but I come here to play maybe once in three years and missed a lot in forums.
    There's an option to delete my games in the archives? i have maybe a dozen worth, the remaining ones are pretty meaningless and i believe it's a waste of space.
    Hints anyone?
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    58856
    16 Jul '16 20:05
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but I come here to play maybe once in three years and missed a lot in forums.
    There's an option to delete my games in the archives? i have maybe a dozen worth, the remaining ones are pretty meaningless and i believe it's a waste of space.
    Hints anyone?
    Simple answer- you can't do it.
    However, you can create up to 24 titled archives and move games around.
    I would create an archive called "trash" or something and move all the games you don't want to see again into it
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Joined
    30 Dec '03
    Moves
    176648
    17 Jul '16 00:07
    Ok, thanks.
    I thought there was an option to delete all the useless games as i guess it's a waste of space for the servers, not that it matters much.....
  4. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    316846
    17 Jul '16 07:032 edits
    It's a difficult task to mark games for deletion, because there are two players involved in each game and your opponents may not wish to have their games deleted. In this day and age data storage is plentiful and cheap. When was the last time any of us did a major deletion job on our own computer storage? 😕
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Joined
    30 Dec '03
    Moves
    176648
    17 Jul '16 17:01
    yep, you're right, i didn't consider that my "useless games" maybe matter for my opponent.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '15
    Moves
    7495
    02 Sep '16 15:16
    The opponent can save the games on their site, can they not? It should be easy to delete your own games on your own site. What's the problem?
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    58856
    03 Sep '16 12:49
    Originally posted by TiDa
    The opponent can save the games on their site, can they not? It should be easy to delete your own games on your own site. What's the problem?
    All games are stored on the rhp site server.
    I don't understand what you mean by "their site"and "your own site"
    There's only 1 site for rhp games
  8. Standard memberSteve45
    Garry Kasparov
    liverpool
    Joined
    24 May '12
    Moves
    26705
    07 Sep '16 18:55
    Originally posted by venda
    All games are stored on the rhp site server.
    I don't understand what you mean by "their site"and "your own site"
    There's only 1 site for rhp games
    I think he means their own PCs Dave, rather than sites.
  9. Joined
    27 Nov '10
    Moves
    4382
    07 Sep '16 20:58
    Originally posted by Steve45
    I think he means their own PCs Dave, rather than sites.
    I thought the reference was to the users own saved and archived games folders on the RHP site. Seems strange that if storage on the server is plentiful and cheap, each user cannot either keep or delete their archived games. If I delete a game from my archived folder, that should not prevent my opponent from keeping the game in theirs.
Back to Top