1. Joined
    18 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 22:14
    How do you now delete a game that has been started by another party, since the site was rehashed I can't see a delete button
    3 people have started games that I don't wish for, I have messaged them to delete, but no response, seems wrong to loose a game and rating this way
    Phillip
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 23:081 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 23:20
    Originally posted by tangerinefish
    How do you now delete a game that has been started by another party, since the site was rehashed I can't see a delete button
    3 people have started games that I don't wish for, I have messaged them to delete, but no response, seems wrong to loose a game and rating this way
    Phillip
    Yes, you have the ability to delete any game that's 'within' the three moves limit, regardless of who's set it up or whether rated or not. You cannot lose points deleting a game. Click your inbox, both your own and opponents move, and look to the appropriate game(s), Above all games are the headers which are 'opponent', 'time' remaining, 'move' number etc and you'll see 'status' and finally 'actions'...underneath actions is delete, just check down the games and click that delete button for all those you wish to rid yourself of, and they'll magically disappear 🙂 Note: 'Actions' is the furthest along, to the right of the 'page', in your inbox.
    You could save yourself a lot of trouble by setting up your 'buddy list'...this allows only people on that list with the ability to challenge you. Or you could just not allow challenges altogether by limiting your game numbers, or set rate limits etc etc. 🙂
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 01:371 edit
    Moving the "actions" column from the centre of the page to the right-hand side seems to have made it disappear for many people. Is this because they're using small screens, or just that they're still looking in the old location? Must admit I couldn't see it myself at the start!
  5. Joined
    18 Jun '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 19:40
    Not there, when I click inbox I get over 150 games won and lost come up, I can find the games I don't want but no sign of actions delete or anything
    Phillip
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 20:44
    Not there, when I click inbox I get over 150 games won and lost come up, I can find the games I don't want but no sign of actions delete or anything
    Phillip
    You can't delete them.
    You need to move them from your inbox to your archive folder.

There should be an archive icon on the right side of the page by all games that are completed. Click that icon and you should get a list of other folders where you can move those games to.
  7. Joined
    18 Jun '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 21:38
    Done mate, sent them to archive, they stayed in the list, but now instead of saying archive it said delete, so all gone, cheers
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 22:111 edit
    Phillip
    You were looking at the 'completed games'...
    Next time you want to delete 'unwanted <3 moves games' just
    click 'my games' and then you'll have to activate the 'game status filter',
    which is in the left margin underneath 'folders'...
    Click on that game status filter and you'll see 'all', 'my move', 'opponents
    move' and 'complete'...you can then delete any 'unauthorised games
    taken from your move and your opponents move check list.

As clear as MUD 😀
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 01:05
    Done mate, sent them to archive, they stayed in the list, but now instead of saying archive it said delete, so all gone, cheers
    I suspect the difficulty may have been something simpler.

If you're looking at MyGames page, and the Inbox folder is highlighted, things that you send to Archive will disappear.
    If you're looking at MyGames page, and the AllGames folder is highlighted, things that you send to Archive will not disappear.

Been caught on that one myself. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree