1. Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 18:56
    I am playing a game right now and my opponent (Dacus) is only making me move back and forth... I believe we are at 12 times now. How do I stop this without surrendering? Can you delete a game for me.. Please. he has upset me so I don't want to resign.
  2. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 19:231 edit
    Originally posted by moz1979
    I am playing a game right now and my opponent (Dacus) is only making me move back and forth... I believe we are at 12 times now. How do I stop this without surrendering? Can you delete a game for me.. Please. he has upset me so I don't want to resign.
    if the game is going back and forth, you can do a claim draw option.. if it meets the rules of a draw, the game will auto end with a draw

if you are going to get upset over that, you might as well stop playing chess.. its part of the game.
  3. Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 00:25
    I said upset, I meant to say annoyed. I don't care about losing. Just don't waste my time. Thanks for the helpful hint.
  4. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 00:402 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 00:431 edit
    You have to draw.

if it makes you feel better : Game 2747281
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 01:41
    Originally posted by moz1979
    I posted this in another thread, and have sent the same message to a few users who think this is dishonest or a form of cheating. It is neither.

Being forced to keep making that same move is a GREAT chess tactic. You may have had a lead, but this user wants to force a draw. If he's forcing YOU to do the same thing over and over, he's got every right... and there is no need to 'delete' the game.

It's a very important part of chess, and if you didn't know it... you might want to use it next time you are behind in a game.

No game is won until you actually win it. If you are ahead and the other guy forces a draw... that is a good thing.

P-
  7. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 01:51
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I posted this in another thread, and have sent the same message to a few users who think this is dishonest or a form of cheating. It is neither.

Being forced to keep making that same move is a GREAT chess tactic. You may have had a lead, but this user wants to force a draw. If he's forcing YOU to do the same thing over and over, he's got every righ ...[text shortened]... y win it. If you are ahead and the other guy forces a draw... that is a good thing.

P-
    YES

Finally, some1 figures out the rules and smart tactics of chess.

I'm going to "rec" that post, my 1st "rec" that's how strong I feel about that.
  8. Joined
    09 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 04:41
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

Being forced to keep making that same move is a GREAT chess tactic. You may have had a lead, but this user wants to force a draw. If he's forcing YOU to do the same thing over and over, he's got every righ ...[text shortened]... y win it. If you are ahead and the other guy forces a draw... that is a good thing.

P-
    Great post, adding that to my useful chess facts. :-)
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 03:17
    Originally posted by Ramned
    YES

Finally, some1 figures out the rules and smart tactics of chess.

I'm going to "rec" that post, my 1st "rec" that's how strong I feel about that.
    "rec" the post? Excuse me, new and green yet. But you know that ramned you been a big help to me.
  10. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 18:59
    This person move the same piece over and over again to get a draw...That's not right jlarue700, he should not be-able to get a Draw!!!!
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '07 19:22
    Originally posted by Rodney Cheatham
    This person move the same piece over and over again to get a draw...That's not right jlarue700, he should not be-able to get a Draw!!!!
    3rd position repetition rule says draw.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 08:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    3rd position repetition rule says draw.
    If claimed. If neither player claims the draw, it isn't one; once you move from a repeated position, you can't go back later and claim it was a draw then. (This as opposed to real errors such as overlooking an illegal move, which does have repercussions if discovered at a later stage.)

Richard
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 08:58
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    If claimed. If neither player claims the draw, it isn't one; once you move from a repeated position, you can't go back later and claim it was a draw then. (This as opposed to real errors such as overlooking an illegal move, which does have repercussions if discovered at a later stage.)

Richard
    Right.

I rephrase:
    3rd position repetition rule says draw if it's immediately claimed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree