1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Jul '03 20:54
    This feature doesn't seem to work... just showes one date for all games in graph.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 11:47
    We had a little technical problem the other day, and you are seeing an effect of that. It will be put right very soon.

-Russ
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 12:09
    Originally posted by Russ
    We had a little technical problem the other day, and you are seeing an effect of that. It will be put right very soon.

-Russ
    That graph might be a handy place to display the current rating average over time, appearing as a horizontal line, in red or yellow or some other color that would stand out.

Just another thought,

Marc
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 13:48
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    That graph might be a handy place to display the current rating average over time, appearing as a horizontal line, in red or yellow or some other color that would stand out.

Just another thought,

Marc
    We could treat players like stocks and know when to "buy or sell" them and that would be a good turn around on your average rating... play em like the market.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 18:24
    Oh man! Don't even suggest it! I just read that, and already I want to go off and write 'ChessDaq'.

How much fun would that be!!!

(I'm assuming people here are familiar with CelebDaq, where you buy and sell celebs based on their newspaper coverage that week.)

It could work too - I'm grinning from ear to ear with anticipation of such a thing! 😵

-Russ
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 18:292 edits
    This popped into my head after reading your post :

'Buy Rhymester! Sell Vaknso!'
    http://hometown.aol.co.uk/rhymsta/images/se.gif 😀

One of the many classics from Rhymesters site.

Check them all out here :

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/rhymsta/rhpmapwar2.html

Some of the funniest things I have seen in a long time, still makes me chuckle even now.

-Russ
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 18:55
    Ahhhhh, thems is funny. I myself would need to "short" rhmester... and hope Red Hot Ted wasn't planning a big purchase!

😉
  8. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 19:39
    Originally posted by Russ
    Oh man! Don't even suggest it! I just read that, and already I want to go off and write 'ChessDaq'.

How much fun would that be!!!

(I'm assuming people here are familiar with CelebDaq, where you buy and sell celebs based on their newspaper coverage that week.)

It could work too - I'm grinning from ear to ear with anticipation of such a thing! 😵

-Russ
    Just the thought of it is superb 😀
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 20:20
    I will give this some thought. It would certainly introduce a unique communities aspect to this site - even if it is a bit silly.

-Russ
  10. Joined
    07 Apr '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 20:37
    I dont get it, could someone explain this to me
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 22:40
    Originally posted by TimmyToilet
    I dont get it, could someone explain this to me
    Do you know how to trade stocks? Buy them low... and sell them high. Prices of stocks change all the time... so if you buy something for cheap and the cost goes up... you get more returns. (cash)
    If the stock goes down... you start loosing money. If the stock keeps going down you might want to sell it anyway before you have lost all your cash.

So if you decided to pick a player when he was rated 1366.. like me... you would hope my rating keeps going up. But if it goes down you have started to take a loss.... I think I am a good buy at 1366.....

Check out Luck's profile and graph at:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=22093
    if you got him right now at 1336 or so... his rating is gonna go back up to 1600's pretty soon. That is a great buy.

If you had gotten dustinrogers at about 1400 you would be eating it hard:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=17218

Fun, just for kicks.
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    30 Jul '03 22:32
    LOL, that stuff on Rhymster's site is pretty funny.
    This is the first time I've seen 'em, since I wasn't around for the (in)famous 'MAP wars'...

But seriously, this could work, as long as we can use monopoly money.
    Maybe a new currency - 'Red Hot Dollars'?
  13. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    31 Jul '03 00:08
    Originally posted by Crowley

... snip ...

But seriously, this could work, as long as we can use monopoly money.
    Maybe a new currency - 'Red Hot Dollars'?[/b]
    Here's an idea...

You could earn your 'Red Hot Dollars' as a prize in various tournaments, in clan matches, and even whenever you win just a regular game.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    31 Jul '03 11:07
    If we do it (and Chris and I have discussed it by email) - you will be awarded a fixed sum of credits.

Players can be bought, but the more in demand a player is, the higher the price - so prices are not just fixed to rating.

This whole thing would be self-contained (if it ever exists), linked only off the community menu - other wise it would confuse the hell out of any newb who came across it!

-Russ
  15. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    31 Jul '03 12:301 edit
    the idea of getting RHdollars for tourneys or clans links to something else I've been pondering. At the moment, unless a tourney is rating capped, the you are fairly guaranteed to get some 1800+ players in it that are going to clear the show. It's also possible that Kasporov will come to my local chess club and win the prize there. Why doesn't he? Because it's not worth his while when he could be out playing a tourney with a larger prize than 20% off your next pizza. If the tourneys had a similar level of "prize" in RHdollars then maybe the better players would go for the large prizes and the lower players for the lesser?

As for the RHP stock market, great idea - but how will we deal with insider trading? Obviously you'd have to be stopped from buying stocks in yourself, or you'd resign all your lost games, buy yourself, then win all your winning games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree