1. Standard memberschweigi
    Member of Gonzo Clan
    Innsbruck, Austria
    Moves
    31 Jul '03 12:45
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    the idea of getting RHdollars for tourneys or clans links to something else I've been pondering. At the moment, unless a tourney is rating capped, the you are fairly guaranteed to get some 1800+ players in it that are going to clear the show. It's also possible that Kasporov will come to my local chess club and win the prize there. Why doesn't he? Be ...[text shortened]... yourself, or you'd resign all your lost games, buy yourself, then win all your winning games.
    Your last sentence shows how addicted we are to this site ... the idea of loosing our chessgames (the reason we are on this site) just to win in a new feature is insane ... although I was thinking about it as well 😲

I'm drivin crazy
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    31 Jul '03 21:41
    Originally posted by Russ
    If we do it (and Chris and I have discussed it by email) - you will be awarded a fixed sum of credits.

Players can be bought, but the more in demand a player is, the higher the price - so prices are not just fixed to rating.

This whole thing would be self-contained (if it ever exists), linked only off the community menu - other wise it would confuse the hell out of any newb who came across it!

-Russ
    Hows this:

Every Pawn Star member who decides to participate gets 5000 Red Hot dollars...

New members get 3000, and another 2000 when they get a Star.

Players don't need to get the Red Hot Dollars now.. they can wait for the ratings to go up... or get them now if they think they have hit their high point. Once you have your dollars they only change based on wins and trading. You get an extra 20 percent of your rating....

So a pawn star rated 2000 will get:
    5,000 off the bat
    400 more for rating
    5,400 total plus points starting NOW

A newbie would get:
    and wait for rating to go up... or get the 240 for being rated 1200

Players are "purchased" at their rating...

Most pawn stars could could buy 3 players rated around 1400.. or spend money wise on lower rated players. I think it would be fun to keep it around 3 to 10 players you deal with rather than giving enough money to buy 10 players right off the bat.... let us work up to more "player stock"

Even a new joiner interested could spend their money on 2 players rated in the 1600's, or save some for later... or not collect their dollars until their won rating goes up.

While playing games after you cash in, you get Red hot dollars for every point you go up in a game.

x1.25 for playing a pawnstar...

x1.5 for tourney or clan games.

An even points to "Red Hot Dollar" ratio for playing non pawn stars.

You trade stock and get more red hot dollars (or less)... but it won't change your rating... you could be rated 1100, but if you played your cash right could have 5 strong players you have stock in worth 5400 Red Hot dollars.

I see you are also thinking of some way to make popular people worth more than their rating... I didn't even touch that subject. All I know is this is a fun idea... and may keep me off the message boards if I am busy fussing with my "shares".

Here is a link to some potential symbols for Red Hot Dollars..... I am sure someone can do better... but here they are.

http://www.riwire.com/images/HotDollar.gif

🙂
  3. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    31 Jul '03 21:49
    sound fun fun fun Russ. Would you let us transfer RHP dollars to others so that we can bribe people to change clans?
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 02:03
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    sound fun fun fun Russ. Would you let us transfer RHP dollars to others so that we can bribe people to change clans?
    Now that reminds me of how I play Monopoly... As Chief Wiggum from the Simpsons would say "How do those Parker Brothers sleep at night".

I would trade a couple red cards for the one blue card with a person, and tell them I won't charge them the first time they land on my Boardwalk or Park Ave. They would get the 2 red cards... I start to put houses on my blue squares...

So people would start getting mad when they are paying out big bucks, while some other guy is getting big bucks and not paying me cash.... and we are dealing all sorts of junk under the table with deals for Utilities or railroads....

I aways figured you could do whatever you wanted with your Monopoly money... but you always had the people getting mad cuz you should only exchange money when you landed on a space...

I would loan money at 10 percent every other lap... bet on die rolls... I didn't always win either... but every game ended with people all mad... but it sure was fun.

Who's gonna pull the bell on the market!?!?!

Phla-
  5. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 02:52
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    That graph might be a handy place to display the current rating average over time, appearing as a horizontal line, in red or yellow or some other color that would stand out.

Just another thought,

Marc
    This idea seems to be lost in the rest of the thread but I also like the idea of clearly seeing the average rating for a player.

-trekkie

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree