1. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:22
    Originally posted by JudasPriest
    ... I did not realise this site was exclusively for advanced chess players. ...
    It's not exclusively for advanced chess players.
    Keep on asking 'stupid questions' and ignore 'stupid answers' or report them to the moderators.

Fortunately, most people on rhp try to help each other out instead of insulting each other.

Gotti
  2. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:39
    Originally posted by Fisich
    Bowmann is right, if the guy can't figure out that he DIDN'T checkmated his opponent but still think he won............well,it's better for the guy to go read some rules of the game........
    Fortunately my Dad taught me how to play chess by playing AND asking stupid questions.
    I won't play chess if I have had to learn it out of a book.
    btw. Do YOU know all the rules of chess?

At least it was new to me that mobile phones are explicitely forbidden according to FIDE.

"It is forbidden for anybody to use a mobile phone in the playing venue and any area designated by the arbiter"

http://www.fide.com/official/handbook.asp?level=EE101

Anyway, I doesn't matter for correspondence chess. All I wanted to say is that even for advanced players the complete rules are not clear. There have been huge discussions in the past on rhp forums whether books or databases are allowed in correspondence chess just to mention one of those questions. If mobile phones are regulated in the Laws of Chess you can consider the usage of databases and books to be a rule of correspondence chess, too. At least if you want to follow USCF.

"You may consult chess books and periodicals but not other players. You cannot use a computer or computer program to evaluate a game but you may use computers for record keeping."

http://www.uschess.org/cc/ccrules.php

Well, I get bored now and feel my time wasted but I hope you've got the message:

LET PEOPLE ASK FOR HELP IN THE HELP FORUM, PLEASE.

Gotti
  3. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 21:35
    Chess is one of the easiest games to learn. Asking "silly" questions is fine when you're a beginner, trying to get to grips with better playing techniques. But NOT if you want to know one of the basic rules. You should know these.

"Advanced" players are those who play better. They are NOT simply those who know all the rules.

I would never dream, for example, of registering on a Poker site then visiting the forums in order to learn how to play.
  4. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 21:37
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    If he is, then that's the wrong way to go about it.

At what point will he know when to stop asking since he's learnt them all?
    There was a time when you did not know the difference too. It was just at a different time. You may have been much younger but still, you had to ask the question at one time or another.

I'll offer the same advice as ark13 - Shut up Bowmann.

You're a common ass.
  5. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 21:521 edit
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    There was a time when you did not know the difference too. It was just at a different time. You may have been much younger but still, you had to ask the question at one time or another.
    I asked no one, as I taught myself by reading a book.

But there would have been nothing wrong with asking someone. So long as it was the person I wanted to teach me chess, and not my opponents.

So smeg off.
  6. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 04:11
    Wonderful response smegly.

You are our forum Idiot Savant...

Your spelling is always correct but what you write is of no value.

Get back in your double-wide you mindless, classless, socially inept twit.

One last question, do the kids in school still beat you up on a regular basis?
  7. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 10:03

I'll offer the same advice as ark13 - Shut up Bowmann.

You're a common ass.
    I just love all of this. Rec'd too.

skeeter
  8. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 16:13
    Wonderful response smegly.

You are our forum Idiot Savant...

Your spelling is always correct but what you write is of no value.

Get back in your double-wide you mindless, classless, socially inept twit.

One last question, do the kids in school still beat you up on a regular basis?
    What I write is of no value if no one reads it and, more importantly, thinks about what I say. Looking at your posts, you seem more interested in being popular than right. But that's OK. You're far from alone.

I, however, choose to say what I believe is sensible with the benefit of consideration, and I'm not interested in winning votes from the masses (don't let my number of "recs." fool you).

If you'd been one of the kids at my school, I think I'd have become a bully myself.
  9. back in business
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 16:221 edit

with the benefit of consideration, and I'm not interested in winning votes from the masses
    and the sky is green...
  10. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 16:24
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    and the sky is green...
    Sometimes, it can appear to be.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 16:28
    and the sky is green...
    http://home.online.no/~khgott/20021002-11.html 😉
  12. back in business
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 17:30
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    http://home.online.no/~khgott/20021002-11.html 😉
    you know... first i wrote "and the sky is red" but then thought that somebody could mention sunset...

i should have used purple...
  13. The sky
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 17:50
    you know... first i wrote "and the sky is red" but then thought that somebody could mention sunset...

i should have used purple...
    http://home.online.no/~khgott/20010412fuji0008.html 😉
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 18:46
    What I write is of no value if no one reads it and, more importantly, thinks about what I say. Looking at your posts, you seem more interested in being popular than right. But that's OK. You're far from alone.

I, however, choose to say what I believe is sensible with the benefit of consideration, and I'm not interested in winning votes from the ...[text shortened]... l you).

If you'd been one of the kids at my school, I think I'd have become a bully myself.
    You're actually the one bullying the guy, don't pretend there was something more to your post.
  15. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 19:46
    Originally posted by Palynka
    You're actually the one bullying the guy, don't pretend there was something more to your post.
    There was a lot more to it. In fact, it had nothing whatsoever to do with bullying.

So far, no one has put forward a good argument to counter what I have said on this matter. So I stand by my posts. I can't help it if you lot are just a bunch of nancy-boys.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree