1. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 09:14
    Can someone tell me how this game, Details 1394836, can continue as he has been on the Timeout limit with 0.11 for the past four days? We have another game on as well and on that he has 0.12 Timeout left, again for which he has had for the four days.

Thanks!
  2. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 12:56
    If you have a look at the Site Announcements forum, you'll see that the time clocks were suspended for a while. That may have something to do with it.
  3. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 13:43
    Originally posted by orfeo
    If you have a look at the Site Announcements forum, you'll see that the time clocks were suspended for a while. That may have something to do with it.
    Good thinking. Thanks very much.
  4. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 14:09
    The timeouts were suspended, but that doesn't stop the timebank from ticking.. What is the move timeout on that game?
  5. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 04:57
    Originally posted by MIODude
    The timeouts were suspended, but that doesn't stop the timebank from ticking.. What is the move timeout on that game?
    In both games the last move was on the 4th November at 05:17.😠
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 05:51
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    In both games the last move was on the 4th November at 05:17.😠
    Well done on not answering the question. What are the timeout and timebank on the game (Is it a 3/7 game or a 21/21 game or a 1/0 game). If you need help then feel free to read the FAQ for assistance in small words you may be capable of understanding.
  7. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 09:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 12:57
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Well done on not answering the question. What are the timeout and timebank on the game (Is it a 3/7 game or a 21/21 game or a 1/0 game). If you need help then feel free to read the FAQ for assistance in small words you may be capable of understanding.
    You know my opinion of you is lower than a piece of hit so I can't even be bothered to take a look and let you know. In fact, knowing you have made a reply to this thread then to be honest I don't care if the game goes on forever and ever.

To everyone else who has replied (Cheers wideawake!!) I would like to thank you all.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 12:59
    You know my opinion of you is lower than a piece of hit so I can't even be bothered to take a look and let you know. In fact, knowing you have made a reply to this thread then to be honest I don't care if the game goes on forever and ever.

To everyone else who has replied (Cheers wideawake!!) I would like to thank you all.
    So wideawake gets a "cheers" and a rec for calling somebody who posted trying to solve your problem a twat?

I'll have to remember the type of reply you appreciate next time I see you posting a help question.

D
  10. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 13:16
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    So wideawake gets a "cheers" and a rec for calling somebody who posted trying to solve your problem a twat?

I'll have to remember the type of reply you appreciate next time I see you posting a help question.

D
    LOL Thanks!! It's only a bit of harmless banter! I have said before I have nothing against XanthosNZ at all, just can't stand him!!!

Relax, chill out, why are people always so uptight on these forums? No, don't answer that as someone is bound to twist it all around and accuse me of whipping up the hatred in here, starting the French riots and quite likely I'll be blamed for Iraq as well!

Have a drink, relax. have a smoke, relax, and fall out with someone. It's good for the heart.😀
  11. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 13:30
    Hey XanthosNZ, here's the answer to your question.

Move Timeout 3 days
    Initial Timebank 7 days

I know I said I wouldn't reply but people are begining to take things to seriously!

I called in my lawyer for help with the big words in the FAQ's. He helped me out a lot, explaining words like 'move' and '7' and 'days.' But after a few hours we got through it all okay. Drank a bottle of Ribena between us in your honour!
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 13:351 edit
    Can someone tell me how this game, Details 1394836, can continue as he has been on the Timeout limit with 0.11 for the past four days? We have another game on as well and on that he has 0.12 Timeout left, again for which he has had for the four days.

Thanks!
    The last move was made in both of those games by you on the 4th November. Your opponents timebank will start decreasing at 17.50 today after the 3 day Timeout has been exhausted for this move.

Hopefully, your lawyer was able to explain how the TimeOut and TimeBank system works as clearly detailed in the FAQ, with practical example.

D
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 13:402 edits
    Now try to keep up here there is some maths and it's a little complex.

Two games in progress between jcandance and TheSphinx.
    Last moves:
    05 Nov '05 06:50 and 05 Nov '05 06:49

Note, these times are based upon the time zone set in your profile, they may be different from the times you see. This I believe is the problem you are having, go set your timezone correctly.

Now local time for me (which the above times are based upon) is 08 Nov '05 02:40. Doing some quick counting we see that it will have been exactly 3 days since the last move in just over 4 hours.

Conclusion:
    TheSphinx either can't count or has his timezone set incorrectly and is comparing two times from different zones (his own for current time and whatever the hell time is set in his profile for last moved times). What we can also draw from this thread is that TheSphinx is an ass.

Also I have said before I have nothing against XanthosNZ at all, just can't stand him!!! contradicts itself. Forming sentences that contradict themself is a classic early sign of schizophrenia. Use of multiple exclamation marks is a sign of various complexes. I would suggest that TheSphinx visits someone with powerful mindaltering drugs and big needles in the near future.

That is all.
  14. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 13:44
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The last move was made in both of those games by you on the 4th November. Your opponents timebank will start decreasing at 17.50 today after the 3 day Timeout has been exhausted for this move.

Hopefully, your lawyer was able to explain how the TimeOut and TimeBank system works as clearly detailied in the FAQ, with practical example.

D
    Cheers mate!

Nah, sacked lawyer and am now having much more fun with an accou..... Sorry, fell alseep! Now where was I? Oh yeah, I sacked the lawyer and have taken up with a beautiful blonde swedish accounta....

God I've gotta give her up too. Why are accountants so boring you fall aslee........😴
  15. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 14:08
    Now try to keep up here there is some maths and it's a little complex.

Two games in progress between jcandance and TheSphinx.
    Last moves:
    05 Nov '05 06:50 and 05 Nov '05 06:49

Note, these times are based upon the time zone set in your profile, they may be different fromt the times you see. This I believe is the problem you are having, go set you ...[text shortened]... its someone with powerful mindaltering drugs and big needles in the near future.

That is all.
    Gee thanks mate. Now I live within my own timezone so that I'm never late for a meeting. Other people however have no idea of good timekeeping like myself and are constantly late. I set my watch to go backwards 10 hours every Thursday, whilst on Monday's I put it an hour fast, hence in actual fact I am only 15 hours 10 minutes and 6 seconds slower than the Fiat Uno. Which when you add it all up, it isn't bad at all. (No exclamation marks in this sentence - all deliberately washed away with the help of the sea and the moon.)

"What we can also draw from this thread is that TheSphinx is an ass."

Gee now that's real kind of you. I thought you might say something horrid - like TheSphinx is an mule. (Stil no exclamation mark. Gotta be carefull - ears have walls and all that.😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree