Help with Chessbase

Help with Chessbase

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
28 Feb 05

Originally posted by MIODude
I'm trying to see what Chesspad is like.. but.. I can't sort the games? I added 195 games.. and I know there are duplicates, so I want to sort by event.. but.. I click on Extra, Sort Games by.. and select something.. but.. it does nothing? Anyone know why?
Buy chessbase rather than using chessbase lite. I can sort my games by whatever I want (although the email games feature of RHP doesn't include rating information it seems) and I can also remove duplicate games automatically.
I have no idea why CB lite was limiting you to 136 games (seems an odd number if it was part of the limitation of the software).

M
me, not you

CaNaDa

Moves
28 Feb 05

the limit to 136 games was just me not realizing that there was an illegal move in some of my games.. (the Hypermodern New York set piece games).. Everything I went to cut and paste the game in, it won't paste.. but.. it never said anything about a bad move)
How is the DB functions in Fritz? I was thinking of getting that program, and read today that it has a DB function too

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
28 Feb 05

OK.. stupidity has won the better of me...!!!
well.. chesspad was neat how you can import so many games at once.. I like the interface on chessbase light; however, in using chesspad, I was able to find out what my problem with chessbase light.. The last few games I've been trying to import are the Hypermodern New York tournament games.. which incidently.. ...[text shortened]... re games to chessbase light.. ..I just have to fix the pgn's of the Hypermodern games.
MIODude
LOL Yeah,mistakes in the pgn would be a bit of a problem.
Strange though,that you still have the 99% on the bottom,I'm going to dl it myself,see what I get.
Can't help with chesspad,never used it.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
28 Feb 05

the limit to 136 games was just me not realizing that there was an illegal move in some of my games.. (the Hypermodern New York set piece games).. Everything I went to cut and paste the game in, it won't paste.. but.. it never said anything about a bad move)
How is the DB functions in Fritz? I was thinking of getting that program, and read today that it has a DB function too
DB function in Fritz is not something I've played round with much (I've got Chessbase why would I?) but at a glance it looks pretty ok.

Moves
28 Feb 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Buy chessbase rather than using chessbase lite. I can sort my games by whatever I want (although the email games feature of RHP doesn't include rating information it seems) and I can also remove duplicate games automatically.
I have no idea why CB lite was limiting you to 136 games (seems an odd number if it was part of the limitation of the software).
Regarding including the ratings with the PGN file, I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for that feature to be added. I keep a database in Chessbase of my RHP games and its a real pain to go back and retrieve the ratings from my RHP archive.

Russ - any chance that could get on the roadmap this year? Please?

Brian