1. Standard memberVovochka
    Caro-Kann Lover
    Rishon-le-Zion
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 20:52
    I want to analyse my finished games by Chessbase engine: does anyone know how to put the PGN formatted games into Chessbase and save there?
  2. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 22:21
    Yeah, here's what you do.

1. Click on the get PGN/FEN button next to your finished game on this site

2. Select the entire text of the PGN and copy it

3. Then go your chess program and hit 'control V' on an empty board to paste it

4. When you're done analysing, just save it (if you want to) into a database

Is this what you meant?
  3. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 01:19
    I guess there isn't a way of doing multiple games at once is there? I'm doing that for chessbase light, but it takes forever to enter 180 games (since I didn't start when I started here)
  4. Joined
    22 Sep '04
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 02:10
    You can email yourself several games at once by going to "My Games" then click on "Email My Games" (the last blue button on the right). There ought to be a way to import the resulting PGN, though I don't have Chessbase, so i can't give specific instructions.
  5. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 05:18
    Go to my games,click 'email my games',you get some options to select,choose the ones you want,click 'send games',open the email,copy&paste all the pgn in 1 textfile,notepad will do,change the extension from .txt to .pgn,set chessbase as your default pgn viewer.You now have a database of your games 🙂

It's not ideal,it's hard(maybe even impossible) to get exactly the games you want,and I think it's limited to 100 games,but it's better than having to paste 180 games.
  6. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    24 Feb '05 22:25
    Looking for some help with Chessbase again.
    I've added 136 games to my chessbase light database.. and the help files say it can store 8000 games.. yet.. I'm at 99%.. and it won't let me add anymore games??? its not a hard drive space issue.. is there something I'm not following here? Am I supposed to do something ? How do I allow it to reach up to 8000 games?
    MIODude
  7. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 18:35
    Originally posted by MIODude
    Looking for some help with Chessbase again.
    I've added 136 games to my chessbase light database.. and the help files say it can store 8000 games.. yet.. I'm at 99%.. and it won't let me add anymore games??? its not a hard drive space issue.. is there something I'm not following here? Am I supposed to do something ? How do I allow it to reach up to 8000 games?
    MIODude
    I think it means an overall total of 8000 games.Not 8000 in each database you might create.So,for instance,you can have a database containing 2000 of your games + a base with 4000 GM games + a base with 2000 computergames = 8000,and after that it won't store any more games.
    But I'm not familiar with CB light,I'm just guessing this could be the problem.
  8. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 18:46
    I'm thinking thats what they probably mean. which.. is kind of useless.. I don't want to separate them all.. I could put all my games as white, and all my games as black I guess.. but.. that would be the only way I'd want to separate them.. if I try to do it based on opening or something., it defeats the purpose of what the DB is supposed to do fo rme.
  9. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 18:46
    'cause.. I'm at 136 games and its capped.. at this rate, I'd need an awful lot of separate databases.
  10. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 19:24
    I'm thinking thats what they probably mean. which.. is kind of useless.. I don't want to separate them all.. I could put all my games as white, and all my games as black I guess.. but.. that would be the only way I'd want to separate them.. if I try to do it based on opening or something., it defeats the purpose of what the DB is supposed to do fo rme.
    No,no,that's not what I meant.I think you should be able to put 8000 games in 1 database,if you choose to do so,not have to make separate databases.But you cannot make 2 databases of 8000 games,if you know what I mean.
    If it doesn't store over 136 games,there must be something wrong.Have you tried re-installing it?
  11. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 20:09
    LOL.. ok.. that sounds better..
    No.. didn't try reinstalling.. I'll try a few things then.. .. When I first started and I created the DB, and added about 15 games in, I noticed that the percentage full didn't seem right.. ie.. higher than what would allow 8000 games.
  12. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 20:35
    ok.. this program is pulling info from somewhere..
    first off.. there is no uninstall.. nothing even in control panel, so I had to manually delete.
    After I manually deleted, I reinstalled.. and have the same problem. I have moved all the DB's out to a separate spot prior to reinstall.. and when I create a new db, it won't let me add anymore games.
    I then downloaded the sample db.. it has over 2000 games in it.. and I can't add to that one.. The help files are useless.. there are no websites that offer help of any kind.. Right on the bottom status bar it says 99%.. but.. no where does it say what that is measuring??? I know its only free., but.. who would register something that the freebie isn't even working?
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 22:12
    ok.. this program is pulling info from somewhere..
    first off.. there is no uninstall.. nothing even in control panel, so I had to manually delete.
    After I manually deleted, I reinstalled.. and have the same problem. I have moved all the DB's out to a separate spot prior to reinstall.. and when I create a new db, it won't let me add anymore games.
    I th ...[text shortened]... know its only free., but.. who would register something that the freebie isn't even working?
    Use chesspad.

D
  14. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 23:49
    OK.. stupidity has won the better of me...!!!
    well.. chesspad was neat how you can import so many games at once.. I like the interface on chessbase light; however, in using chesspad, I was able to find out what my problem with chessbase light.. The last few games I've been trying to import are the Hypermodern New York tournament games.. which incidently.. has illegal moves in them in the beginning.. I had tried adding multiple games, but they were all the same tournament... that 99% at the bottom I have no clue what it means, but I can now add more games to chessbase light.. ..I just have to fix the pgn's of the Hypermodern games.
    MIODude
  15. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 02:19
    I'm trying to see what Chesspad is like.. but.. I can't sort the games? I added 195 games.. and I know there are duplicates, so I want to sort by event.. but.. I click on Extra, Sort Games by.. and select something.. but.. it does nothing? Anyone know why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree