1. Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 May '12 14:52
    When an opponent takes time out for holidays , how can I tell when he is going to return ?
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    01 May '12 15:07
    Originally posted by bellafizz
    When an opponent takes time out for holidays , how can I tell when he is going to return ?
    I'm sorry to say that the answer is ...... you can't (unless you ask him and he can be bothered to tell you).
  3. Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 May '12 15:58
    Thanks for the quick reply . I thought that would be the answer , but it is a bit strange . Why should it be secret , I wonder ?
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 May '12 19:54
    Originally posted by bellafizz
    Thanks for the quick reply . I thought that would be the answer , but it is a bit strange . Why should it be secret , I wonder ?
    Because the main intent of this function is to allow site members to cheat in games against non-members. Telling the non-members when they needed to bother to look at the game again would contravene that function.

Richard
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    03 May '12 06:45
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Because the main intent of this function is to allow site members to cheat in games against non-members. Telling the non-members when they needed to bother to look at the game again would contravene that function.

Richard
    i agree. i think that this is the weakest characteristic of RHP and it can never be resolved. each time the point is raised there is a general outry against any refinements or changes. it would be so easy to simply display the scheduled vacation period. it would be just as easy to make it impossible to come back early without at least one day delay, to avoid guerilla tactics (paramount to cheating)
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    04 May '12 23:06
    Originally posted by coquette
    i agree. i think that this is the weakest characteristic of RHP and it can never be resolved. each time the point is raised there is a general outry against any refinements or changes. it would be so easy to simply display the scheduled vacation period. it would be just as easy to make it impossible to come back early without at least one day delay, to avoid guerilla tactics (paramount to cheating)
    I'm not sure I follow your logic and I don't think I agree that the main aim of the vacation system is to encourage cheating.
    I'm sure lots of players use the vacation system properly and even if a vacation period was displayed for all to see, there's nothing to stop a player altering the time frame of the vacation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree