1. Joined
    01 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 02:56
    I am playing an opponent who has castled his king and I am trying to do the same but can't get the castling to work. I do meet all the requirements for castling but when i move the king 2 squares towards the rook (from d1 to b1) and try to move the rook over the king (from a1 to c1), the kings returns to it former position. Do I have to press a special key may be (like shift or something) to be able to do that???
  2. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 03:00
    Originally posted by dynamitelady8191
    I am playing an opponent who has castled his king and I am trying to do the same but can't get the castling to work. I do meet all the requirements for castling but when i move the king 2 squares towards the rook (from d1 to b1) and try to move the rook over the king (from a1 to c1), the kings returns to it former position. Do I have to press a special key may be (like shift or something) to be able to do that???
    The king would be on e1 if it hasn't moved yet.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 03:50
    It's not fair for us to tell you what you need to do right now. There is no flaw with the rules, just your understanding.

Read the FAQ about castle, and look through your game from move one. Also, look at your other game from move one. You can do those things, but we shouldn't tell you what's up since a game is hanging on your next move here at RHP.

P-
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 04:37
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    It's not fair for us to tell you what you need to do right now. There is no flaw with the rules, just your understanding.

Read the FAQ about castle, and look through your game from move one. Also, look at your other game from move one. You can do those things, but we shouldn't tell you what's up since a game is hanging on your next move here at RHP.

P-
    Wow, not even for a "dynamite lady" ? Ok, I guess rules are rules !!
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 05:47
    When I castle (and it is allowed to do so) I just move the king two squares and press submit and the rook will follow to its right position.
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 11:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 18:191 edit
    When playing here, you just make the King's move, when you click on 'Submit Move' the machine will automatically move the Rook as well .
  8. The sky
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 09:55
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    When I castle (and it is allowed to do so) I just move the king two squares and press submit and the rook will follow to its right position.
    When I castle, the rook moves automatically before I press 'submit move'.
  9. Joined
    01 Nov '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 10:511 edit
    Thanks everyone...even to those that wouldn't break the rules for the "dynamite lady". lol.
    Now I have seen what my mistake was.😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree