1. Las Cruces
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 21:30
    Hi, i signed up for the subscription on the 11th of AUG and have been trying to find a way to cancel it before the 15 day trial. But there I have not been able to find how to cancel it. HOW DO I CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION? I hate sights that make it so easy to sign up and make it soooo difficult to cancel. Very frustrating.
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 21:431 edit
    Originally posted by tautology
    Hi, i signed up for the subscription on the 11th of AUG and have been trying to find a way to cancel it before the 15 day trial. But there I have not been able to find how to cancel it. HOW DO I CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION? I hate sights that make it so easy to sign up and make it soooo difficult to cancel. Very frustrating.
    Well first off you're well over the 15 days since you subscribed Aug 11th. And it's 14 days not 15. But click on the send feedback link that's at the bottom of any and every RedHotPawn page. Explain the problem and send it in, and they will respond sometime soon and tell you if they can help you.
  3. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 02:38
    why would you sign up if you only plan on cancelling?
  4. Las Cruces
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 17:43
    wow, neither of you guys answered my question. I already did send an e-mail through the feedback link. And yes, I know i'm over my 14 day trial because I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CANCEL and the website is not responding. To answer the question I bit the 14 day trial to TRY it, that's what a trial is for. But I have come to the conclusion it is not worth $30 dollars a year.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 18:22
    wow, neither of you guys answered my question. I already did send an e-mail through the feedback link. And yes, I know i'm over my 14 day trial because I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CANCEL and the website is not responding. To answer the question I bit the 14 day trial to TRY it, that's what a trial is for. But I have come to the conclusion it is not worth $30 dollars a year.
    If you want the admin to take you seriously, then I'd recommend resigning some of the 50odd games you started in your trial.

I don't think you can subscribe, fill up on a years worth of games, and then say you don't want to pay.

D
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 19:042 edits
    Wow, since you're 12 + days over your trial period they really don't have much of a reason to respond. After the 14 days there really is no option to cancel. It took you almost 2 weeks after your trial period was up to ask for help? Wow! That's to long. I suggested to send feedback and they might have pity on you. But I guess not. I hope that answers your question.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 19:593 edits
    Send feedback and wait - if no reply, resend feedback.

As said above - you should also cancel about 44 of your games.*

*for best results.

If you purchase something and want your money back, you would normally be expected to give the goods back.
  8. Las Cruces
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 05:17
    That fine! take the "goods" back and cancel all my games for all I care, I want to know how to cancel my membership! This forum is worthless!
  9. Las Cruces
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 05:19
    AGAIN, yes I am OVER my 14 day trial BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CANCEL! IS IT HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT TO NOT GO OVER THE LIMIT YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO CANCEL????
  10. Las Cruces
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 05:21
    ADMIN? what are you talking about? I don't have to do anything, policies are policies and I should have to right to cancel before my 14 day trial is up.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 05:32
    ADMIN? what are you talking about? I don't have to do anything, policies are policies and I should have to right to cancel before my 14 day trial is up.
    Dear Tautology, right now you have 51 games going. It's about 44 games more than a non-subscriber may have. It looks a bit suspicious, don't you see?
  12. Las Cruces
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 05:36
    did you even read my posts (up)? If i'm going to try trial then i'm going to use it (that is the point). But I just want to cancel (as said, I don't care if they take away my games).
  13. Las Cruces
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 05:44
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Wow, since you're 12 + days over your trial period they really don't have much of a reason to respond. After the 14 days there really is no option to cancel. It took you almost 2 weeks after your trial period was up to ask for help? Wow! That's to long. I suggested to send feedback and they might have pity on you. But I guess not. I hope that answers your question.
    I already said i've been trying to cancel before my trial was up!
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 07:37
    did you even read my posts (up)? If i'm going to try trial then i'm going to use it (that is the point). But I just want to cancel (as said, I don't care if they take away my games).
    tautology: I just say that I find it suspicious, that's all.

Everyone: I think this 14 days grace period is more than generous by Russ and his staff. I was a non-sub for three month, that's was enough to see how great this site is, I didn't need a 14 days refund period. During this non-sub period, I was allowed to see everything that a regular subscriber can do, no corner hidden (except for clan forums), and everything for free.

Why I wanted to be a subscriber was that I thought 6 games was to little, and I wanted to enter tournaments, and a clan, therefore I paid my subscription free, and got all that. I wouldn't dream of paying just to start a lot of games, entering tournament and then leave 14 days later and get a full refund, but still continuing all these games and the tournament, would I? Certainly I wouldn't whine when the 14 days did expirate and I forgot to find out how to terminate the subsription. The subscription fee is not that high, I can afford it.

Now when I see that some people are (mis-)using this grace period to enter 44 games more than is needed, including a subscriber tournament, then I think it's time to get rid of the refund period altogether, it's not needed.
  15. Las Cruces
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 07:581 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

Everyone: I think this 14 days grace period is more than generous by Russ and his staff. I was a non-sub for three month, that's was enough to see how great this site is, I didn't need a 14 days refund period. During this non-sub period, I was allowed to see everything that a regular subscrib ment, then I think it's time to get rid of the refund period altogether, it's not needed.
    First, I would think that a chess player would have better reason than this....

Originally posted by FabianFnas

Everyone: I think this 14 days grace period is more than generous by Russ and his staff.

(THATS FINE, as long as its POSSIBLE to CANCEL!)

I was a non-sub for three month, that's was enough to see how great this site is, I didn't need a 14 days refund period. During this non-sub period, I was allowed to see everything that a regular subscriber can do,

(NOT TRUE, you can't play tournaments or join clans)

no corner hidden (except for clan forums), and everything for free.

Why I wanted to be a subscriber was that I thought 6 games was to little, and I wanted to enter tournaments, and a clan, therefore I paid my subscription free, and got all that.

(GOOD FOR YOU, your reason for joining has no connection of mine)

I wouldn't dream of paying just to start a lot of games, entering tournament and then leave 14 days later and get a full refund

(WHY NOT? why not try something before you buy it no matter HOW MUCH IT IS YOU TRY?) there is a policy that says, "you can try this which alows you to have more games for 14 day BUT if you have too many well it doesn't count."

, but still continuing all these games and the tournament, would I? Certainly I wouldn't whine when the 14 days did expirate and I forgot to find out how to terminate the subsription.

(if I forgot then then I wouldn't whine either. Are you making a false assumption that I forgot? If you didn't why bring it up?)

The subscription fee is not that high, I can afford it.

(LOL, wow, that's great you can afford it! some people want more for the little money they have)

Now when I see that some people are (mis-)using this grace period to enter 44 games more than is needed,

(So how do you define "mis-using" here because all I did was USE the capabilities that were not already available, which is the purpose of a TRIAL)

including a subscriber tournament, then I think it's time to get rid of the refund period altogether, it's not needed.

(AGAIN, this is a capability that is not available except for the trial so why not USE it?)

(well now that I've wasted more of my time with you rash response I'm hoping you will just tell me the simple answer as to how to cancel my membership. By the way I subscribe to several online memberships but I used the trial first before being sure I wanted to stay with them so don't make assumptions. And don't respond to this unless you are going to write some in benevolent prose.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree