1. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    04 Jul '05 02:09
    I keep having the same repetitive dream every Thursday night, but I don't know what it means, or if it even means anything.

I'm walking on the beach during a sunset. I look up to watch the sun's many beatiful colors, and my feet begin to get cold. I assume it's a wave at first, but when I look down I'm walking on ice. I look around, and I'm on a small iceberg surrounded on all sides by the ocean. The sun has turned into a large wall clock at this point. A walrus hauls himself onto the iceberg and flops toward me. He looks strangely like Sherlock Holmes. "Right this way Mr. Kennedy," he says motioning with a flipper toward a 1970's car that's pulled up beside us. Inside is John Lenin who offers me an autograph, pulling out a pen in the shape of a double-helix. Just as I'm about to climb in, the car turns into a banana, which is abruptly injested by the walrus. The walrus, now fatter than ever, flops his way back into the ocean without a word. I sit down, suddenly heart shadderingly lonely. I contimplate jumping in after the walrus, but that'll surely spell death, and I can see from the sun-clock that it's already been an hour since he left. Suddenly, a giant bar of Irish Spring Soap falls from the sky, and breaks a 10 foot hole in the iceberg, that has now become the Titanic. It begins to sink, and the last thought that dominates my mind before I'm swallowed up into the icy ocean, and waking up wide eyed, gasping for breath, with a racing heart, is "Why can't we all just agree on a pronunciation for the word 'tomato'?"

Just recently, the answer to that question has occured to me. Some people think it'd make more sense if it rhymed with 'potato', and some think it'd just confuse things further.

Any interpretations?
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    04 Jul '05 04:11
    You want to have sex with your mother.
    Just ask Freud.
  3. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    04 Jul '05 15:26
    You eat too much cheese before you go to bed!

Either that or the HUGE banana has something to do with Monkeys... 😉
  4. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    04 Jul '05 16:56
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    You eat too much cheese before you go to bed!

Either that or the HUGE banana has something to do with Monkeys... 😉
    I think it does have something to do with the monkeys. And the walrus swallowing it illustrates the polar (pun intended tehe 😛) conflict between the good walri, and the bad monkeys. But there is still so much more that needs interpreting. I think this could have a huge impact on my life if I figure out what it means.
  5. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 08:32
    You want to become president of xmas island. It's all clear.
  6. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 22:28
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    You want to become president of xmas island. It's all clear.
    I still don't think we've quite hit it, though that was an excellent try.
  7. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    06 Jul '05 07:59
    Originally posted by ark13
    I still don't think we've quite hit it, though that was an excellent try.
    More importantly, how did you pronounce 'tomato' in the dream?
  8. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    06 Jul '05 15:46
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    More importantly, how did you pronounce 'tomato' in the dream?
    Well, it was a thought, not a spoken word, so I guess it wasn't pronounced at all. At least to the best of my recolection.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    06 Jul '05 22:28
    You seem to have serious issues with your walrusness. In your dream, you act like a human, walking, sitting down etc. That indicates a desire to be human. Maybe you feel inferior to humans. My advice: Embrace your walrusness. If you get a chance (might be difficult on your iceberg), study human behaviour. You will soon notice how silly they really are. They are not better than walri. Also think of this - they have the same ancestors as those awful monkeys! You are really better off being a walrus.
  10. Joined
    18 Jun '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 03:05
    I think you should listen to the Beatles song "I Am The Walrus" a few hundred times. Your subconscious would then get tired of this silly dream and move on. Goo goo g' joob!
  11. Joined
    02 Oct '03
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 18:18
    It is strange that you have the same dream every Thursday night.
    If it is true you need to get medical help. Repeating dreams could be a sign of brain damage. You better go to the doctor.
  12. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 11:431 edit
    Try pretending it's Wednesday two days in a row. See if that helps.
  13. Joined
    02 Apr '05
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 14:02
    Im new to this site, tried playing a game and guess what, I cant castle, or at least I don't know how to, help!!
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 14:15
    Originally posted by nstynick
    Im new to this site, tried playing a game and guess what, I cant castle, or at least I don't know how to, help!!
    nonsubscribers aren't allowed to castle.... cough up some cash and you'll be fine.
  15. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 14:38
    Originally posted by nstynick
    Just move your king two squares to where he's supposed to go, and hit the move button. The rook will follow.

But for things like this, you should start a new thread, instead of posting in an unrelated one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree