1. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    15 Sep '08 00:461 edit
    I recently started as leader for the Ireland Clan and with a struggle and emails to predecessor worked out how to do the main tasks, but it was by no means obvious.

I also inherited the Ireland Club and despite checking through forum discussions via Google(!) I have no idea what to do with the thing. e.g. I see that tournaments are possible but have no idea how to start one off. So this Club does nothing at all that I can see.

I do not mind putting in some time to make the Clan and Club work - after all how else would these features function and volunteer leaders give a lot of benefits all round. But why can't the site be more helpful? Maybe a separate Help section for us, maybe a better designed clan or club Home Page with more clues laid out to help us.

Is this just me? I am not that "literate" and also have a life (you know - off the site).
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '08 12:36
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I recently started as leader for the Ireland Clan and with a struggle and emails to predecessor worked out how to do the main tasks, but it was by no means obvious.

I also inherited the Ireland Club and despite checking through forum discussions via Google(!) I have no idea what to do with the thing. e.g. I see that tournaments are possible but have no ...[text shortened]...

Is this just me? I am not that "literate" and also have a life (you know - off the site).
    I agree. Things are not obvious and self-instructive.

I would like a well-written FAQ for Clan-leaders and Club-leaders.

I managed to manage "The Swedish Clan" clan, my successor managed to manage "The Swedish Club" club, but not without help from the predecessors. (Thanks, everyone helping me!)

A FAQ would be of a great help.
  3. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 06:46
    Hmmm I never had any problems.

But, I'm always around if you want to ask me for questions or help. Just PM me 🙂
  4. Standard memberGreen Frog
    soccer player
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 11:09
    me too
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 20:01
    Originally posted by RDM
    Hmmm I never had any problems.

But, I'm always around if you want to ask me for questions or help. Just PM me 🙂
    Thanks to you and Green Frog. while i wait for the site to devise a helpful FAQ and separately designed home screen for leaders (club or clan) I would certainly appreciate advice on these things:

1. How to set up a CLUB tournament (other than just challenging each other: I suppose I could arrange that and even use a Swiss system instead of random)

2. Explain how CLUB members start to see club ratings - is that based on games between club members and, if so, do they have to be separately arranged or just turn up when both are in the same tournament eg?
  6. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 06:34
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Thanks to you and Green Frog. while i wait for the site to devise a helpful FAQ and separately designed home screen for leaders (club or clan) I would certainly appreciate advice on these things:

1. How to set up a CLUB tournament (other than just challenging each other: I suppose I could arrange that and even use a Swiss system instead of random)

...[text shortened]... do they have to be separately arranged or just turn up when both are in the same tournament eg?
    Hmmm - Clubs I'm not too clued on on because they basically don't interest me too much.

Speak to Dragon Fire - he own the OTB club and he is definitely on the ball with regards to Clubs.

I can help out on Clans though 🙂
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 09:59
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I agree. Things are not obvious and self-instructive.

I would like a well-written FAQ for Clan-leaders and Club-leaders.

I managed to manage "The Swedish Clan" clan, my successor managed to manage "The Swedish Club" club, but not without help from the predecessors. (Thanks, everyone helping me!)

A FAQ would be of a great help.
    Users are more than welcome to update the FAQ.

In fact, most of the recent FAQ updates were due to a non-subscriber contributing with his time instead of his money. Unfortunately, I can't remember his name right now, but the thread is in this forum somewhere.

If you feel you've master Clan/Club leading, then please, put together a little FAQ for us.

D
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 00:47
    Is this a new feature or has nobody known the answer?

On the Club section, selecting Tournaments, I just found the feature called Create Tournament which allows me to set up a tournament for any number of players and to set time parameters. So I did.

Yes even I could do it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree