Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    01 Sep '04 18:52
    Russ/Chris, do u have a list of things that are on your agenda to do for RHP? That u could make public? It would be interesting to see where the site is going.

D
  2. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    01 Sep '04 19:19
    Russ has such a list, but I don't think that he will pubish it. People start nagging and saing: "But you promied it..."
    He gives us what he wants and we are very happy with that.
    th
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    01 Sep '04 19:25
    I do occasionally mention what is scheduled in, but unfortunately, I don’t really like to publicly commit to something that may not happen for one reason or another. For example, I have been promising clan leagues for so long, I am almost embarrassed to mention it again here. But this has been delayed by a number of different things. (For example, some stuff I a have been working on recently you may not have even noticed - the site is now faster than it was a few weeks ago.)

Anyway, a quick overview. After tomorrow’s release I will be finished with the current round of operational type jobs, and can get back to features.

First up, I plan to expand the number of sieges. This should happen fairly soon, as (hopefully) only minor changes are required to achieve what I want. Then it is on to the big clan update. This will consist of many things, including clan leagues. It will take sometime to complete, so I may release updates incrementally for this.

But somewhere in there, I am going to a major rewrite and redesign of the board interface, and other updates/bug fix for uChess too.

-Russ
  4. 01 Sep '04 20:26
    Originally posted by Russ
    I do occasionally mention what is scheduled in, but unfortunately, I don’t really like to publicly commit to something that may not happen for one reason or another. For example, I have been promising clan leagues for so long, I am almost embarrassed to mention it again here. But this has been delayed by a number of different things. (For example, some stuff ...[text shortened]... ewrite and redesign of the board interface, and other updates/bug fix for uChess too.

-Russ
    Russ, people will only notice when the site slows down, not when it get's faster, that's just the way it is.

Now you mention it though...

Olav
  5. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    01 Sep '04 23:27
    Thanks for taking the time out for that Russ.

D