1. Joined
    08 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 23:36
    Firstly, when i leave the site i get logged out, but only some of the time. Other times it works fine.

And when i try to log back in, i put in my email and password and it says it has logged me in as normal then as soon as i click "my games" i get a big yellow bar saying "you are not currently logged in. I re-enter my stuff and then it works.

I'm mildly confused about all this, any clues? I've just switched to using firefox so i suspect it is something to do with that.

Thanks, Nick
  2. University
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 23:49
    Originally posted by nickhawker
    Firstly, when i leave the site i get logged out, but only some of the time. Other times it works fine.

And when i try to log back in, i put in my email and password and it says it has logged me in as normal then as soon as i click "my games" i get a big yellow bar saying "you are not currently logged in. I re-enter my stuff and then it works.

I ...[text shortened]... e just switched to using firefox so i suspect it is something to do with that.

Thanks, Nick
    The problem is that if your IE is logged in, then Firefox will have problems for a bit as the site boots IE from the login. I use both browsers and have conflicts on the site. My suggestion is to go "My Site Settings" and check the box that allows for more than one browser to use the site. If this doesn't help, then you have a different problem.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 13:30
    You will want to make sure that your browser is set to alllow cookies from RHP/TFC/CAW, etc... as well.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 23:39

I ...[text shortened]... e just switched to using firefox so i suspect it is something to do with that.

Thanks, Nick
    Firefox isn't entirely compatible with IE cookies, but still tries to use them and fails.

Ditch IE and delete all IE cookies is the simplest solution.

D
  5. Joined
    08 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '05 03:42
    I've tried all of this and none of has worked. My friend tells me it may be something to do with the upgrades Russ is currently performing. I really have no idea.

Thanks for help anyway, much appriciated.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Dec '05 12:57
    I've tried all of this and none of has worked. My friend tells me it may be something to do with the upgrades Russ is currently performing. I really have no idea.

Thanks for help anyway, much appriciated.
    So, just to be clear.

You've deleted all your IE cookies since you last visited RHP/TFC.
    In Firefox, in Tools, Options, Privacy Tab, Cookies, you have enabled "Allow sites to set cookies" and "Keep Cookies until they expire".

D
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Dec '05 14:10
    Also, do check you have not installed any overzealous security software. If you have recently made changes, do check that cookies are allowed for the RHP and any branded versions you use.

-Russ
  8. Joined
    08 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 23:37
    Ok, i'm still having problems.

I have done all of the above. I had just installed ad-aware recently, i don't know if that has done anything to it. I've also set everywhere i can find to allow redhotpawn.

I have no idea what is going on. Just now, when i opened firefox to come to redhotpawn, i saw i was logged out and this reminded me to check windows firewall options. I closed firefox and after looking and changing no settings i re-opened firefox to find myself logged in as normal. What! Me muchos confused...
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 10:55
    The only way that can happen is if you were viewing a cached version of the site when you were not logged in.

-Russ
  10. Joined
    08 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 13:28
    Originally posted by Russ
    The only way that can happen is if you were viewing a cached version of the site when you were not logged in.

-Russ
    And that means?
  11. Joined
    15 Mar '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 20:003 edits
    And that means?
    That means that when your comp connects to a site, it saves a copy of what it got when it connected to its "cache". So, when you connect again later, rather than going to the internet, and downloading everything again, it looks at its local copy, and displays what it has in its cache. This makes it seem like the computer has connected to the site really fast, but it has not connected at all. If you clear your cache (Tools->Options, then click on the lock [Privacy], scroll to the bottom. Select cache, and click "clear" ) your computer will then be forced to connect, and re-download. I have my cache set up to save 50,000 KB, and I don't have probs with my cache. Also, if you hit the refresh button, your comp will reconnect, and redownload.
  12. Joined
    08 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 01:291 edit
    I'm still having my original problem, anyone with any other sugestions?
  13. Joined
    08 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 18:50
    Anyone? 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree