1. Joined
    01 Nov '19
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 08:04
    I have an opponent I suspect is making bad move on purpose. Sacrificing pieces and pawns in every single move, without any change for compensation.
    How do I report this, and how can I abandon the game without losing rating?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 10:16
    @lyset said
    I have an opponent I suspect is making bad move on purpose. Sacrificing pieces and pawns in every single move, without any change for compensation.
    How do I report this, and how can I abandon the game without losing rating?
    You can't report that or Abandon without losing Rating Points.

You can however Chose not to Play that Player again.
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 10:35
    @ponderable said
    You can't report that or Abandon without losing Rating Points.

You can however Chose not to Play that Player again.
    "You can however Chose not to Play that Player again."
    - Ponderable

Very well advised, kind Sir.

I recognize that sentiment as realistically considered. The current state of online chess allows few other options.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 11:421 edit
    The player in question makes 3 or 4 moves in most games and then resigns. Clearly a deliberate plan to get a really low rating, i.e. sandbagging. Can't see the point myself.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    16 Nov '19 22:58
    @wolfe63 said
    "You can however Chose not to Play that Player again."
    - Ponderable

Very well advised, kind Sir.

I recognize that sentiment as realistically considered. The current state of online chess allows few other options.
    Choosing not to play the player again is not as easy as it sounds.
    If you enter a tournament and the player enters later you will have to keep a close eye on the tournament entrants and resign from it if the player enters.
    Unfortunately, the sandbaggers do enter tournaments and resign games to lower their ratings to play lower rated players in clan games.
    Also, I would have thought you could report this practice via trhe feedback option.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Nov '19 14:59
    @venda said
    Choosing not to play the player again is not as easy as it sounds.
    If you enter a tournament and the player enters later you will have to keep a close eye on the tournament entrants and resign from it if the player enters.
    Unfortunately, the sandbaggers do enter tournaments and resign games to lower their ratings to play lower rated players in clan games.
    Also, I would have thought you could report this practice via trhe feedback option.
    You can, but I don't expect much results from that...There is nothing in the Terms of Service to Prevent People from resigning games or deliberately making weak moves.

A Rating Floor would help a bit as would a Rating System for clan games (excluding all other games)
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    18 Nov '19 19:49
    @ponderable said
    You can, but I don't expect much results from that...There is nothing in the Terms of Service to Prevent People from resigning games or deliberately making weak moves.

A Rating Floor would help a bit as would a Rating System for clan games (excluding all other games)
    This is old ground.
    I suppose something could be set up on the new forum poll function to revisit it.
  8. Standard memberHomer1Simpson
    The REAL UK Homer 😁
    Here, obviously!
    Moves
    21 Nov '19 14:44
    You could pass that players name to me, I could do with a LOT of points! 😊
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 07:31
    @homer1simpson said
    You could pass that players name to me, I could do with a LOT of points! 😊
    What exactly would you do with them other then redistribute?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree