1. Hull, UK
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 18:37
    I just finished my 21st game and won to someone that was lower points then me, why have I lost points again? I thought that stops when you complete your 20th game?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 18:42
    Originally posted by icantwrite
    I just finished my 21st game and won to someone that was lower points then me, why have I lost points again? I thought that stops when you complete your 20th game?
    That was your 20th rated game.

D
  3. Hull, UK
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 18:47
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    That was your 20th rated game.

D
    Ah yeah, I just noticed that one of them was unrated. I should have scrolled down a little further 🙂 Never mind. I must say I think it's also unfair that you lose points for facing a weaker player in a tournament. Random selection etc. Oh well, they're only points. In the grand scheme of things I guess it doesn't really matter that much at my level haha
  4. Earth
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 20:09
    Originally posted by icantwrite
    Ah yeah, I just noticed that one of them was unrated. I should have scrolled down a little further 🙂 Never mind. I must say I think it's also unfair that you lose points for facing a weaker player in a tournament. Random selection etc. Oh well, they're only points. In the grand scheme of things I guess it doesn't really matter that much at my level haha
    It is just a peculiarity of the rating calculation in the first 20 moves. No, you should never lose points for winning, and from this point on you wont!
    It is just because for the first 20 games your rating is an average of all the games you play, and so it can go down. You could also lose to a very good player and go UP!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree