1. USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 18:50
    I'm playing someone that thinks he will lose more points by resigning (which he should) than if he plays it out and just loses. I think it's the same, no matter how you lose.

To clarify for both of us, is there a difference in point loss/gain when a player resigns, versus when a player loses (or is timed out)?

I can't find this in the fourms, so if someone can point me towards the thread or can be kind enough to clarify this.

Thanks!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 19:021 edit
    Originally posted by Tooner
    I'm playing someone that thinks he will lose more points by resigning (which he should) than if he plays it out and just loses. I think it's the same, no matter how you lose.

To clarify for both of us, is there a difference in point loss/gain when a player resigns, versus when a player loses (or is timed out)?

I can't find this in the fourms, so if someone can point me towards the thread or can be kind enough to clarify this.

Thanks!
    Are we talking of rating points?
    In that case, answer is no. You can be mated, you can be timed out or you can resign, you lose the same amount of rating points.

Are we talking of honour?
    Then you lose more if you're being mated, the most if you're timed out and less if you resign a losing game.
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 19:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 19:05
    There is no difference. No matter how you lose, it cost you the same amount of points.
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 20:37
    Unless of course your rating will change between now and when you will mate him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree