1. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    07 Jan '04 15:06
    My clan has 20 members right now. I would really like if I was able to increase that number, but there is a maximum. I think that allowing more members in a clan will increase the number of challenges. The clans with many members can accept more challenges. There are 163 clans right now. What is the benefit for 100 clans with less than 3 members. They can hardly accept every challenge.
    The only problem is, I think, that there will be too many players, member of too many clans, but that is easy to control. You can just decline their request to join. If these players want to join another clan, they will.
    Another point. Why should it be that if a player wants to join a certain clan, and the clanleader wants that too, it would not be possible.
    My point is: adjust the maximum number of members in a clan to 25 or 30 or even more.
    Please respond to this message. If enough clanleaders agree with this, it will happen
    Sander
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    07 Jan '04 15:22
    Originally posted by tejo
    My clan has 20 members right now. I would really like if I was able to increase that number, but there is a maximum. I think that allowing more members in a clan will increase the number of challenges. The clans with many members can accept more challenges. There are 163 clans right now. What is the benefit for 100 clans with less than 3 members. They can hardl ...[text shortened]...
    Please respond to this message. If enough clanleaders agree with this, it will happen
    Sander
    At present I would rather see the smaller clans grow in size rather than have the bigger clans get even bigger 😀

Andrew
  3. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    07 Jan '04 15:30
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    At present I would rather see the smaller clans grow in size rather than have the bigger clans get even bigger 😀

Andrew
    it is good that smaller clans get bigger, don't get me wrong, but I think we should let the decision by the players. we are forcing them to join a smaller clan. Forcing is maybe not the right word, but I cannot come up with the right word right now. Every clanleader can decide whether they will recruit or not
    Sander
  4. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    07 Jan '04 15:41
    Some of the players I knew wanted to join the Dutch clan a couple of months ago. The Dutch clan was full at that time and LivingLegend told them that they would be on a list. When a member should leave the first one on the list could join the clan. A good thing. But these players didn't sign up for other clan, because they didn't want to join other clans. The point of this little story. Not every player will join another clan because the clan which he prefers is full.
  5. Standard memberstammer
    just another webgeek
    Moves
    08 Jan '04 04:55
    As long as clans have rankings there needs to be a roster limit.
  6. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    08 Jan '04 05:37
    perhaps the dutch need two clans like the fun clan has done.
  7. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    08 Jan '04 08:23
    Originally posted by flexmore
    perhaps the dutch need two clans like the fun clan has done.
    this may be, but how many members does the fun clan 2 have. Just one. And Canada part 2 has just 2 members. It seems to me that the players only want to join the first one.
    BTW. The first request dor becoming member of my clan has already arrived. It is from a friend, so I do want her in the clan, and she decides to wait if she can't right now.
    Sander
  8. Amsterdam
    Moves
    08 Jan '04 09:59
    Here are some good examples of the great popularity of the Dutch Clan...only I don't remember who were on that list again...it was so big...😀

We will not have a Dutch Clan 2 clan...that's just stupid.

There can be only one!

Olav
  9. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    08 Jan '04 11:02
    exactly my point.That's why we should be able to accept more members
  10. Standard membera442
    Planet Football
    London Town
    Moves
    08 Jan '04 11:07
    Its the same with sport, people always want to play or watch a big/established team, rather than try and help a smaller one get bigger.

😠
  11. Sanremo
    Moves
    10 Jan '04 09:29
    It's not always true... my favourite team in football (soccer) is Torino and it plays in the second division of italian championship :-)
    Cristina
  12. Standard membera442
    Planet Football
    London Town
    Moves
    10 Jan '04 16:25
    Originally posted by conticchio
    It's not always true... my favourite team in football (soccer) is Torino and it plays in the second division of italian championship :-)
    Cristina
    Am I right in thinking that Torino were in Serie A not so long ago?

Prime example is Manchester United with all their so called fans, many of which were also wearing Blackburn and Leeds shirts when they won the title. The point being, people as whole are glory hunters and it is much easier for players to want to join "The Fun Clan" for example because they 400 points up on the board already, rather than a new/smaller clan.

Certain leagues are trying introduce squad size limits, so the big boys cant sign everyone just so no one else can have them. The same should apply here, we need clan size limits and maybe even a new scoring system, so regardless of clan size, clans score the same amount of points for a win etc. We might even need to go one step further and say people can only be a member of one clan at a time .(like most sports).
  13. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    11 Jan '04 11:06
    Originally posted by 442
    Am I right in thinking that Torino were in Serie A not so long ago?

Prime example is Manchester United with all their so called fans, many of which were also wearing Blackburn and Leeds shirts when they won the title. The point being, people as whole are glory hunters and it is much easier for players to want to join "The Fun Clan" for example because they ...[text shortened]... one step further and say people can only be a member of one clan at a time .(like most sports).
    I agree with most of what you say. There has to be a limit. But the site grows every day, so why keeping the maximum number of members at the same level? If players don't want to join smaller clans, it is up to them to decide. You can't make them join a smaller clan. Look at my clan "Losing is also an art". We are already at 20 members, and we are not at the first page. We had about 18 members before reaching the second page, so not all of what you tell is true, but indeed it isn't so easy to get members when you are small, but it can be done.
    I am not very long subscriber to this site, so I am still making new friends who really want to join my clan. They want to join my clan, not an other clan, but they can't.
    Sander
  14. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    26 Jan '04 16:09
    another try😀
  15. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    27 Jan '04 15:27
    I just got a message from someone who wants to become a subscriber to the site when he can join my clan. Maybe Russ is convinced now😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree