1. Standard memberOtis
    Lucky Patzer
    Ohio University
    Moves
    27 Jan '04 16:29
    I wouldn't even create a clan unless I knew I could get enough members. I thinks it pretty pointless to have so many members into one clan unless for bragging rights. But when Russ fineshes the clan league will there be a set max. to how many members you can have in a clan?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    28 Jan '04 00:211 edit
    Of the 170 clans we have at the present moment, 42 of them have only one member. This seems absurd to me. That's about 25% of the clans with just one member. 93 clans (55% ) have three people, or less. Instead of having everyone start a new clan all the time, couldn't we have them assume the leadership of one of the dormant clans instead? They could rename it and rehabilitate it instead of having it lie around dormant, clogging the clan pages. Clans like Closed, Rip, and Really Lost are all inactive. Instead of having someone start a new clan the next time the fancy strikes them, why can't they be given the leadership of one of these clans?
  3. Middletown, CT
    Moves
    28 Jan '04 22:37
    i think the current situation is a good one regarding clans. any larger than 20 members and you end up having armies. i like the idea of having a clan where everyone knows each other, and honestly that just won't happen in anything larger than 20 or so.
  4. Standard memberFiathahel
    Artist in Drawing
    in your fridge
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 10:43
    Perhaps it would help that a clan needs to have at least three or five members to play clanchallenges. It would encourage people to join other clans instead of creating one themselves. You could also put a maximum to the number of clans.

The problem with the current ratingsystem for clans is that it is very dependent on the number of challenges you play.
  5. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 10:52
    Originally posted by Fiathahel
    Perhaps it would help that a clan needs to have at least three or five members to play clanchallenges. It would encourage people to join other clans instead of creating one themselves. You could also put a maximum to the number of clans.

The problem with the current ratingsystem for clans is that it is very dependent on the number of challenges you play.
    Maybe the way to let the small clans grow is to set the maximum number of clans to 175 or something like that. We now have too many 1 members clans, and maybe this is the way to help them.

Another point. Clanleaders can do something about their number of members. It takes pretty much time to get members, but it is possible. My clan Losing is also an Art has got 20 members for about three weeks now. It took me 2,5 months to get this many members and it took quite some time. But if you are willing to spend time in your clan, every clan should be able to get more than 10 members, and that's the way it should be. I did it in 2,5 month, and if the maximum was 30 members, I think the clan would be full right now, so if I can do this, everybody can.
    Sander

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree