1. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    16 Apr '04 16:34
    I've got (currently) approx. 70 games going. Everytime I make a move I automatically go to the next move (or stay at the current board)... Would it be possible to go back to my games after every move. As I play tournament, clan and normal games, I don't tend to play games in the order RHP suggests but try to move in those games where opponents are online ...

Just a thought

Kindest Regards

The Slow Pawn

PS: Russ, Chrismo I think you are doing a great job here
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Apr '04 16:471 edit
    Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
    I've got (currently) approx. 70 games going. Everytime I make a move I automatically go to the next move (or stay at the current board)... Would it be possible to go back to my games after every move. As I play tournament, clan and n ...[text shortened]... Pawn

PS: Russ, Chrismo I think you are doing a great job here
    Hey, here is a trick Paulie showed me.

Hit move.....

Edit..

Wait just a second or so

Now keep hitting move another 3 or 5 times.... and wait.

You will be in the game list!

Give it a try, it is what I do... even though I have only about 30 games... it is the best.

P-
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Apr '04 17:44
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Hey, here is a trick Paulie showed me.

Hit move.....

[b]Edit..

Wait just a second or so

Now keep hitting move another 3 or 5 times.... and wait.

You will be in the game list!

Give it a try, it is what I do... even though I have only about 30 games... it is the best.

P-[/b]
    😲 NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Please don't do this. Cripes, if people are doing this, then I better add an option to send people back to the my games pages sooner rather than later!

-Russ
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Apr '04 17:59
    Originally posted by Russ
    😲 NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Please don't do this. Cripes, if people are doing this, then I better add an option to send people back to the my games pages sooner rather than later!

-Russ
    Wow! Bad thing!?

Sorry bud!

Yes, this would be a good option to have... and I know some people do this.

P-
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '04 22:082 edits
    😲 NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Russ
    I too use this method extensively to return to 'my games' instead of the 'view my games' link. If it is causing grief then I will cease and desist. Sorry Russ

skeeter

EDIT PS: the ' multi move' short cut is pretty much common knowledge I suspect
  6. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    16 Apr '04 22:11
    😲 NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Russ
    Tut, tut all these naughty peeps!!!! (says this all innocently) 😉

Sorry Russ, won't do this again
  7. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    17 Apr '04 11:52
    😲 NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Russ
    Russ,

I haven't (and will do that) but as I see from other members who have rather many games going this might be something to implement (if not too much work, I know nothing about programming so couldn't judge) ... It would however make life easier

The Slow Pawn
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Apr '04 17:32
    Don't worry, I can't blame anyone for doing this if it makes their life easier - but it is in fact a very bad thing to do.

Basically, each time you refresh, you send off a request to the web server. This is not a big deal for some sites, but here everything is produced dynamically, that is, not a single page can be cached. So our DB gets a thrashing when someone does this. At least I now feel the urgency for this option too...

-Russ
  9. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    18 Apr '04 16:56
    Don't worry, I can't blame anyone for doing this if it makes their life easier - but it is in fact a very bad thing to do.

Basically, each time you refresh, you send off a request to the web server. This is not a big deal for some sites, but here everything is produced dynamically, that is, not a single page can be cached. So our DB gets a thrashing when someone does this. At least I now feel the urgency for this option too...

-Russ
    Russ ...

That option would be great (and I see from other members) much appreciated.

Thanks

The (behaving and not hitting many buttons) Pawn ;-)
  10. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '04 19:213 edits
    All you have to do is keep another window open that is your games list. In the other window - the playing window - you make your moves, and after you've made the move close the window and go back to your games list window and play the next game by opening it in a new window. This is the way I have found to get around it.

The other thing that I find that helps to avoid this is to sort your games list by "last move" and then play games alternatively from the top and then you're automatically taken to the very bottom game next. Again these are just work arounds, it would be so much better for people playing a lot of games to be returned to their games list after each move.
  11. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    19 Apr '04 05:31
    Originally posted by Exy
    All you have to do is keep another window open that is your games list. In the other window - the playing window - you make your moves, and after you've made the move close the window and go back to your games list window and play the next game by opening it in a new window. This is the way I have found to get around it.

The other thing that I find that h ...[text shortened]... better
    for people playing a lot of games to be returned to their games list after each move.[/b]
    Just use the Tabs in Mozilla
  12. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '04 09:47
    Originally posted by trekkie
    Just use the Tabs in Mozilla
    ..and then allow 28.6 bazillion netters to obseve every key stroke.

skeeter ( be afraid - be very afraid )
  13. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    19 Apr '04 12:382 edits
    😀
  14. Standard membernoodlepdx
    Kibitzing Regicides
    Portland, Oregon
    Moves
    19 Apr '04 22:311 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter

Use Firefox if you don't trust AOL (and who does) to write a browser that respects your privacy. Firefox is mozilla-based, supports tabs (even the tabbed browsing extension).
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 May '04 14:26
    😲 NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Russ
    I will do a minor maintenance release tomorrow AM including a fix for this.

'Enable/Disable auto next game waiting' has been replaced by 'After move preference'

You can now specify 3 choices :

-View current board.
    -Go to next waiting game.
    -Return to 'my games'.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree