1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    05 Mar '04 01:04
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    Ok James, I'll try to answer your question.

Dave
    Wouldn't it just be easier for everyone to compromise on a 3 day timeout with an optional 7-14 day timebank, decided by the players themselves?

The Captains would decide the teams, a "coin toss" (or rather, a program would need to be developed to randomly sellect one team) gives one captain the choice of white or black on even or odd boards.
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    05 Mar '04 01:51
    Judging by the amount of response to this thread, and the differing views, it might be a good idea to formulate these ideas into a core "choice of 3" as it were. In other words, have a site vote on how this should work.

It occurred to me the other day that it is not essential for there to be a dedicated leagues section added to the site in order for this to work. As someone has already suggested, an addition to the current tournaments page allowing clan tourni's would probably be enouph.

All the clan leaders could be given the option to enter, once all the entrants are established they are split into even groups by random.

Each group would have a winner which is put forward to a finalists group. Depending on the number of original groups it might be necissary to have the highest performers from the original groups to make up the numbers.

Winner is the champion.

How do people feel about playing matches concurrently??
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    06 Mar '04 01:34
    So is that it??

Any more?? hmmm??😀
  4. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    06 Mar '04 12:55
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    What ever happens, I hope the thing is set up so a team only winning 45% of their matches won't be in first place.....

Ooops, was that a goad? 😉

P-
    Phal,

No need to goad, we are only playing by the rules set up by Russ. No one ever said life was fair 😉

Andrew
  5. Standard memberOtis
    Lucky Patzer
    Ohio University
    Moves
    06 Mar '04 18:37
    I like the idea of a clan league. But there would have to be a player max. to a team. Which would make it difficult for the larger clans. So perhaps the teams for the league could not be clans but sponsored by clans. I don't know how many leagues Russ will add probably only one. But he could create them similar to the different sieges. With different time out controls.
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    06 Mar '04 23:41
    I think it's important that each clan is given a lot of flexibility on how many players are allowed to represent their team/clan. This thing would go on for a long time and players are bound to come and go over the course of a season.
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    06 Mar '04 23:59
    I've spent a fair bit of time now looking at the clans and it has occurred to me that there is a massive difference in strength between the them all.

I think it will need to be essential to take this into consideration when dividing the clans into groups. The general rating of the clans would have to be used to seperate them into evenly matched groups, rather than randomly dividing them up. This way smaller clans stand a chance of competing in the final rounds (even if they're probably gonna get stuffed anyway...)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree