1. UK
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 12:27
    I'm using an HTC One M8, not sure what version of Android is on it, but a pretty recent one. Not rooted.

One other thing I've spotted while on my phone. The board doesn't seem to have the grid reference around it any more.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 12:30
    Originally posted by BaronVonChickenpants
    One other thing I've spotted while on my phone. The board doesn't seem to have the grid reference around it any more.
    This was hidden to allow the biggest board possible.
  3. Joined
    07 Jun '14
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 13:35
    I like the look and feel of the site, however keeping the navigation bar always on top while scrolling takes up too much screen space on the iPad when scrolling. I'm already scrolling on the site so I dont think anything is gained by keeping it visible, I'd just scroll back up to it.
  4. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 13:521 edit
    Hey Russ i am your fan but right now I am like blindfolded. How do i get an overview over my games like before? One glimpse to see all games. iPhone 6; Safari
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 13:59
    Originally posted by Flower04
    Hey Russ i am your fan but right now I am like blindfolded. How do i get an overview over my games like before? One glimpse to see all games. iPhone 6; Safari
    As stated above, we will investigate providing an alternate view which only provides summary game information, but shows more games. This will not be available today though.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 14:27
    I'm in shock. On my iPhone 5 i can't see my games! I can't see the whole list of games, only the ones where it's my move. I can't see all the other choices, like New Game, Open Invites, Ladders, Forums etc, all of which used to be accessible by one click. Now I have to go to the new abbreviated menu, and still some things take a third choice to get there, like Open Invites. It used to be simple, the same interface on the iPhone as on the computer and the ipad, which would be my choice.

Priorities for me are: 1. Play chess! On my phone, on the iPad or on my computer. I use all three throughout the day. 2. Ease of use...it's now much harder. 2. Ability to see all my games at once. I can't, on the phone or iPad, I can't even find my games at all!

Russ, as someone else said, I've always been a fan, and I really love the site, but this new look is really unhelpful. I want to play chess!
  7. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 14:31
    Alright, i didn't see that, i do more scrolling than ever before and don't know where i am. Very confusing.

iPhone 6 feedback on the board size: in portrait mode takes up the screen so i don't see anything else no more; in landscape mode it's too small and a waste of space. I set it on Mini and in portrait mode it's still too large; gotta scroll every time for Analyze board, Conditional moves etc. Sorry to say, it's not good.
  8. SubscriberBrianDonald
    Mr. P. Wise
    The Barrens
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 14:37
    There are plenty of us who want this. If there is a way to have a "use old version" button, please do it. It was very nice to have an easy overview of our games when we log on. New version is cumbersome. Thank you, your work is appreciated. :-)
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 15:59
    I'm running windows 7 on a HP pavilion laptop.

My Settings/ site settings/ Render site "hot icons" does not seem to have any effect. I see small icons and text descriptions across the top row and trying to turn this setting on or off does not seem to change anything.

The same thing is true for the setting for "Enable Dock Bar". I do not see the dock bar and changing the setting does not change anything.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 16:12
    The "hot icon" option was not functioning - now fixed. Your preference is now respected.

The "dock bar" has been retired, so that option will be removed shortly.
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 16:371 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    The "hot icon" option was not functioning - now fixed. Your preference is now respected.

The "dock bar" has been retired, so that option will be removed shortly.
    Looks good now, Russ. Icons can be turned on or off as desired.
    Thanks.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 17:11
    I've always found it very useful to know when a player last moved, not just the date. It would be good to have that facility back again, please.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 17:18
    Originally posted by Startreader
    I've always found it very useful to know when a player last moved, not just the date. It would be good to have that facility back again, please.
    Check back in 1 hour...it's returning, really.
  14. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 18:03
    Can someone please confirm whether the ability to file completed games to folders is working normally or not? I've tried to move a completed game from the default Archives folder into another folder, and it won't shift. Hitting the 'Archive' button doesn't seem to do anything on iPad.
    Thanks.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 18:08
    Originally posted by FlyingWolf
    Can someone please confirm whether the ability to file completed games to folders is working normally or not? I've tried to move a completed game from the default Archives folder into another folder, and it won't shift. Hitting the 'Archive' button doesn't seem to do anything on iPad.
    Thanks.
    I have just tested this on an iPad/Safari with the latest build of iOS.

It worked as designed. The dialog offering folder options has rather small links though. I'll make a note to make these bigger soon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree