1. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    27 Feb '06 04:17
    Originally posted by rossrosenberg
    I'm using Explorer 5.2 on a Mac with 10/3/9. Why can't I use the new board?
    New and improved version wants you to use a different browser, Try using mozilla/firefox. Argggggggg! Know how you feel, Must be some kick backs. Ha ha!
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    27 Feb '06 04:23
    Originally posted by PARTSMAN
    i have web tv i can now move in legacy but there is no lines on board can anyone help?
    Since we seem to be into workarounds these days try using masking tape on your TV screen. Other than that try sending a request to feed back link. I think Russ ( the site Administrator) may still be looking at it though.

Oh the horror!
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Feb '06 09:45
    Originally posted by PARTSMAN
    i have web tv i can now move in legacy but there is no lines on board can anyone help?
    Can you please explain in a little more detail?

Thanks,

-Russ
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '04
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 18:48
    What if I want to erase a message I sent? (before being read by the opponent)
  5. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 22:42
    Originally posted by danidin
    What if I want to erase a message I sent? (before being read by the opponent)
    Use a sonic screwdriver and an atomic vector plotter to retrieve and destroy your message.
  6. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 23:40
    Originally posted by mosquitorespect
    Use a sonic screwdriver and an atomic vector plotter to retrieve and destroy your message.
    I tried that already. It doesn't work. But I was using a left handed sonic screwdriver with a merimitcle inlay, should I have used a regular right handed version? And was I supposed to use an atomic vector with or without a black hole?

I think a different upgraded email system might work better. If they ever perfect one.

😀
  7. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 19:21
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I tried that already. It doesn't work. But I was using a left handed sonic screwdriver with a merimitcle inlay, should I have used a regular right handed version? And was I supposed to use an atomic vector with or without a black hole?

I think a different upgraded email system might work better. If they ever perfect one.

😀
    Yes, it should be right-handed. And make sure you don't buy a second-hand one - you need the instructions.
    The AVP has a colourless hole - it's used to hang it on your key ring.
    Don't forget the source of Brownian motion 😉
  8. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 15:181 edit
    I have Windows XP, Explorer, simple dial-up (all there is where I live) with 26,400 bps generally. I am a computer techno-peasant on a very limited budget these days.

I switched to the legacy settings; analyze board seems no longer to be an option. Is that correct?
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 15:20
    Originally posted by vistesd
    I have Windows XP, Explorer, simple dial-up (all there is where I live) with 26,400 bps generally. I am a computer techno-peasant on a very limited budget these days.

I switched to the legacy settings; analyze board seems no longer to be an option. Is that correct?
    Yes, but you shouldn't need to use the legacy board with your setup.

Its there as a last resort for people who can't upgrade their OS or browser.

D
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 16:29
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Yes, but you shouldn't need to use the legacy board with your setup.

Its there as a last resort for people who can't upgrade their OS or browser.

D
    Thanks. I'll try again. The reason I tried legacy was because the analyze board option would not open for me.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 16:41
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Thanks. I'll try again. The reason I tried legacy was because the analyze board option would not open for me.
    Could it be that it was blocked by a pop-up-blocker?
  12. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 17:56
    I have my pop-up blocker enabled. But this does not prevent the analyze board of showing.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 18:18
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    This only affects Internet Explorer and Microsoft has yet to acknowledge the exploit let alone patch for it.
    Quoted from http://tom.me.uk/clipboard/

User Solution
    Microsoft in their great wisdom put in some a setting for script clipboard access. You can edit this via Tools > Internet Options > Security > Select a security zone > Custom Level > Scripting > Allow paste operations via script. You can set this to Enable (the default for the internet zone), Disable (default for restricted sites) or Prompt. Personally I recommend you set it to prompt - scripts can still have clipboard access, but only when you say so.

Uhm, BS? Unless of course you are talking about a NEW exploit. This info is definitely NOT new (2002). If you are talking about a NEW exploit, please provide a relevant link.
  14. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 20:33
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    If you are talking about a NEW exploit, please provide a relevant link.
    Just to give you an idea. When you can read about an exploit on the Internet, in the open, it's usually old news. The ones you should worry about are the ones that are not yet common knowledge.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/911302.mspx

This exploit was first presented to me by a "friend" late september 2005. Microsoft learned about it in late November 2005. You can bet that before I was told about it, a whole bunch of dedicated hackers had known about it for months (4 months in this case, if I'm not mistaken).

When it comes to Microsoft technologies, you can pretty much assume that there are security vulnerabilities lurking in the background. You can just visit their own website if you need proof.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 23:43
    It there is an exploit that XNZ has "heard" about, then it seems to me that he should be able to provide some reference to it.

"The ones you should worry about are the ones that are not yet common knowledge."

Oh, so we are talking about theoretical or REAL exploits? I'm pretty sure XNZ was referring to an actual LIVE exploit. Oh no, the boogie-man-exploit is gonna get me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree