1. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 23:312 edits
    Can anyone tell me if the offer of a draw made on a move during a game is recorded anywhere, e.g within Game Log? Currently got a couple of games where I can't remember whether I've offered a draw or not....but want to. Offering a draw more than once in a game seems bad form to me where your opponent has previously decided to play on!

FW
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    06 Jan '15 13:28
    Originally posted by FlyingWolf
    Can anyone tell me if the offer of a draw made on a move during a game is recorded anywhere, e.g within Game Log? Currently got a couple of games where I can't remember whether I've offered a draw or not....but want to. Offering a draw more than once in a game seems bad form to me where your opponent has previously decided to play on!

FW
    Don't think so.
    I can't remember a game where I offered a draw to check
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Jan '15 13:391 edit

FW
    I've had the same happen to me, and I wasn't able to find it in the Game Log or anywhere else. I think if it isn't accepted it just disappears. Personally I don't mind if someone offers me a draw more than once, so long as they don't keep doing it on every move thereafter.
  4. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    06 Jan '15 13:48
    Thanks both. As a suggestion, could it be incorporated into the Game Log history do you think? Maybe as an icon or something. Just a thought.

FW
  5. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    06 Jan '15 15:32
    You could try posting it in the site ideas forum.

There's really nothing wrong with offering a draw more than once (but, as Kewpie says, doing it every move would be annoying).
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Jan '15 18:21

FW
    Until something automatic comes along, you can use the "notes" option to keep track of who offered a draw and on what move.
    I don't know if the game notes are kept with a game after it is completed, but once the game is done it probably no longer matters anyway.
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 12:40
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Until something automatic comes along, you can use the "notes" option to keep track of who offered a draw and on what move.
    I don't know if the game notes are kept with a game after it is completed, but once the game is done it probably no longer matters anyway.
    I know the game messages are saved in the game log even after the game is over so a solution for the future would be to simply message your opponent with the word draw? at the same time as it was offered.
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 13:40
    Originally posted by venda
    I know the game messages are saved in the game log even after the game is over so a solution for the future would be to simply message your opponent with the word draw? at the same time as it was offered.
    I checked it on one of my archived games and you can still see and edit the notes you made after the game is completed, so that is definitely one solution for the OP.

It just isn't something that is done automatically at the time when a draw offer has been made by either player so you would need to make the note entry when it happens.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree