One terminal, two users

One terminal, two users

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
12 Aug 05
1 edit

Quick question - my cousin has just joined this site, and his young son wants to know if he can create a separate account from the same computer.

I was a little unsure considering the fact that they'd have one IP address for two accounts, but with the caveat that they didn't play each other I couldn't really see a problem. Does anyone know what Russ's view of this is, or whether multiple accounts from one IP are completely verboten?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
12 Aug 05

This is not a problem.

-Russ

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
12 Aug 05

Cheers, Russ, much appreciated, I'll alert them asap.

M
me, not you

CaNaDa

Moves
12 Aug 05
1 edit

My wife and I do that too.. but, to make it easier.. bookmark one site like www.timeforchess.com with your account logged in, and www.redhotpawn.com with the other account logged in. Rename each book mark to 1) his chess, 2) my chess.

Thats what we do.. works great.

In your face

Moves
12 Aug 05

Originally posted by Amaurote
Quick question - my cousin has just joined this site, and his young son wants to know if he can create a separate account from the same computer.

I was a little unsure considering the fact that they'd have one IP address for two accounts, but with the caveat that they didn't play each other I couldn't really see a problem. Does anyone know what Russ's view of this is, or whether multiple accounts from one IP are completely verboten?
They wouldn't have a problem playing each other either. It would just be a case of one logging off and the other logging on, each turn. And if they both had separate sessions on the PC, it wouldn't be an issue at all. Each would just complete the waiting games and , la voila.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
12 Aug 05

Multiple accounts, eh? Tsk tsk.

In your face

Moves
12 Aug 05

Originally posted by Bowmann
Multiple accounts, eh? Tsk tsk.
One person per one account per one email address doesn't equal multiple accounts, darling, does it now!? Tsk tsk.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
12 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by jimslyp69
One person per one account per one email address doesn't equal multiple accounts, darling, does it now!? Tsk tsk.
It is possible for an individual to have more than one e-mail address...

In your face

Moves
12 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Bowmann
It is possible for an individual to have more than one e-mail address...
That is very true, but it doesn't do much to further your initial argument, rather, it rubbishes it. Frsk frsk