Password box

Standard memberEAPOE
Help 02 Mar '07 01:20
  1. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 01:20
    I keep getting a password prompt box appearing while I am on the site, asking;

"Please enter user name and password for www.rhp15.com?"

What is this?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 01:251 edit
    Originally posted by EAPOE
    I keep getting a password prompt box appearing while I am on the site, asking;

"Please enter user name and password for www.rhp15.com?"

What is this?
    Phlab's site. I guess somebody has an avatar hosted on that site, and he's password protected it or something.

It'll be fixed soon, I'm sure.

D
    [EDIT] On which page does the password box pop up?
  3. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 01:31
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Phlab's site. I guess somebody has an avatar hosted on that site, and he's password protected it or something.

It'll be fixed soon, I'm sure.

D
    [EDIT] On which page does the password box pop up?
    It seems to pop up indiscriminately every minute or so. . . .

What does it mean "I guess somebody has an avatar hosted on that site, and he's password protected it or something."?
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 02:09
    Originally posted by EAPOE
    It seems to pop up indiscriminately every minute or so. . . .

What does it mean "I guess somebody has an avatar hosted on that site, and he's password protected it or something."?
    As I said, somebody has their avatar hosted on rhp15.com. For some reason, the entire rhp15 site has been password protected, so everytime your computer tries to load the avatar it is asked for a password.

I don't think it pops up indiscriminately. It pops up when you browse a forum page containing one of these password protected avatars.

D
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 02:58
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    As I said, somebody has their avatar hosted on rhp15.com. For some reason, the entire rhp15 site has been password protected, so everytime your computer tries to load the avatar it is asked for a password.

I don't think it pops up indiscriminately. It pops up when you browse a forum page containing one of these password protected avatars.

D
    Leaving a trail of destruction where ever I go!

I've fixed it, and I'm sorry to everyone for freaking them out. I was trying to get FTP access and made a new user name not realizing that I would screw this site up so much.

All fixed.

P-
  6. Standard memberRookRAK
    Out of drinks
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 03:36
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Leaving a trail of destruction where ever I go!

I've fixed it, and I'm sorry to everyone for freaking them out. I was trying to get FTP access and made a new user name not realizing that I would screw this site up so much.

All fixed.

P-
    OK, but you lose 10 recs for this. 😛
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 03:45
    Originally posted by RookRAK
    OK, but you lose 10 recs for this. 😛
    A swift foot to the ass would suffice, please and thank you.

P-
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 10:40
    This problem does happen from time to time, and it causes no end of confusion. We will be forcing people to upload avatars soon, rather than linking as we do at the moment, which will remove the problem and help out everyone with no free web space.

-Russ
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 13:501 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    This problem does happen from time to time, and it causes no end of confusion. We will be forcing people to upload avatars soon, rather than linking as we do at the moment, which will remove the problem and help out everyone with no free web space.

-Russ
    When you do...

I hope RHP "Auto-Gets" the avatar/profile image/clan logo a user has... otherwise, as Sir Topemhat says... "there will be much confusion and delay".

Many of the people I've helped with these images have no idea what to do, and I had to slowly talk them through it. That's a lot of years worth of images by me alone, let alone anyone else who's done this for users.

P-
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 18:21

-Russ
    Presumably non-subs would get avatars too at that time? 🙂
  11. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 20:37
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Presumably non-subs would get avatars too at that time? 🙂
    Yours are already hosted here!
    It's us poor subscribers who have to figure out where and how to get these avatars.

You've got it easy
    😉
  12. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 09:54

-Russ
    AWESOME!
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 11:57
    When you do...

I hope RHP "Auto-Gets" the [b]avatar/profile image/clan logo
    a user has... otherwise, as Sir Topemhat says... "there will be much confusion and delay".

Many of the people I've helped with these images have no idea what to do, and I had to slowly talk them through it. That's a lot of years worth of images by me alone, let alone anyone else who's done this for users.

P-[/b]
    I'll make sure this happens

-Russ
  14. Standard memberMissShell
    living hard
    ends of the earth
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 13:43
    When you do...

I hope RHP "Auto-Gets" the [b]avatar/profile image/clan logo
    a user has... otherwise, as Sir Topemhat says... "there will be much confusion and delay".

P-[/b]
    i know what you mean because i usally have to get someone else to help me with my profile pic or forum pic i have no idea as if we could up load a pic directly so much easier...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree