1. Leuven
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 18:15
    It seems there should be a tab for rating limits under advanced options, but I don't see it. Is this because I'm not a subscriber?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 18:22
    Originally posted by Meneer Dries
    It seems there should be a tab for rating limits under advanced options, but I don't see it. Is this because I'm not a subscriber?
    It's because you're still provisional.

D
  3. Leuven
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 19:57
    really?
    What a relief!
    Why is it that this can't be done when you're still provisionally rated?
  4. Joined
    21 Dec '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 21:12
    I don't see the reason behind this limitation neither.
    And actually there is a way around that I've learned from others and used myself: just put in the game name something like "Rating 1300+ please".
  5. Joined
    14 Feb '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 21:121 edit
    I'll second that. Its really annoying to have to contiually delete games even if you call your game "rated about 1500 please" or whatever, I still get loads of people 300 points below that joining the game. I feel guilty about deleting them, but as I'm not a subscriber and only have 6 games to play I dont want to play them.
    I have had to delete and then remake a game 10 times in a row sometimes.
    Why is this feature only available after 20 games?
  6. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 22:24
    Originally posted by tiggeronvrb
    I'll second that. Its really annoying to have to contiually delete games even if you call your game "rated about 1500 please" or whatever, I still get loads of people 300 points below that joining the game. I feel guilty about deleting them, but as I'm not a subscriber and only have 6 games to play I dont want to play them.
    I have had to delete and then ...[text shortened]... make a game 10 times in a row sometimes.
    Why is this feature only available after 20 games?
    It's currently the only way we have to filter out provisional players. I'd be OK with allow provisional players to set rating limits, but non-provisional players need a way to ask for matches only with established players. Currently, the only way to do that is through the existing rating mechanism.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 22:31
    Originally posted by iru
    I don't see the reason behind this limitation neither.
    And actually there is a way around that I've learned from others and used myself: just put in the game name something like "Rating 1300+ please".
    Nobody wants to play provisionals - well almost nobody anyway. 😛
  8. Joined
    21 Dec '06
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 08:544 edits
    I've opened a thread in Site Ideas:

Thread 64650

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree