1. Joined
    20 Jun '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 19:45
    rating rule:
    One of the ratingrules:
    "If you enter into a rated game, your rating will be recalculated on its completion so long as at least two moves have been made by each player."

But this didn't work in my lost game in which I resigned without making 1 move.

What to do?

with kindest regards,
    periGame 775288
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 20:30
    I'm guessing its because its a set piece game. The at least 1 move rule definitely applies to normal tournament/clan games. Bit of a funny one you came upon there.

I guess Russ is the only one who can answer that for you.

D
  3. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 21:14
    yes i think all tournament games are rated, moves made or not, unlike challenges where 2 moves each are required before the game is counted toward ratings.

not sure what the deal is with clan games though.
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 21:35
    Originally posted by peri
    rating rule:
    One of the ratingrules:
    "If you enter into a rated game, your rating will be recalculated on its completion so long as at least two moves have been made by each player."
    Yes, I think this rules does not apply to tunamentgames.
    th
  5. Joined
    20 Jun '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 22:33
    in the same tournement i also resigned some other games, but there no changes in the rating; so i think it must be a failure in the ratingcalculation
  6. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    14 Nov '04 08:54
    Originally posted by peri
    in the same tournement i also resigned some other games, but there no changes in the rating; so i think it must be a failure in the ratingcalculation
    The same happened to me too. The rule is clear, and setup games should not make an exception. But I understand this is easier said than done in the code. I messaged Russ and expect him to resolve this.
  7. Joined
    20 Jun '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '04 10:37
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    The same happened to me too. The rule is clear, and setup games should not make an exception. But I understand this is easier said than done in the code. I messaged Russ and expect him to resolve this.
    Yes indeed, it has to be a 'bug' in the code. Some of my other games in the same tournement didn't go wrong in the ratingcalculation (games which i also resigned immediatly). I also messaged Russ, so let's wait.
  8. SubscriberRussonline
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Nov '04 12:21
    After some rooting around, I found the problem.

Follow up post in tournament's forum.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree