Standard membermateulose
Help 18 Jan '05 23:27
  1. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '05 23:27
    Question about RHP:

If you resign a game that's just 1 move each, will both players rating still be effected?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '05 20:03
    Is that possible? I think the game can be deleted, but is resigning an option at that point? If so, then yes, I'm sure the game would be rated, regrardless of the # of moves, just like in any tournament. What else could be done with it?
  3. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    20 Jan '05 03:291 edit
    No, The games isn't actually rated until two moves are made by each player.
    You can resign the game before then without affecting your rating. This is done frequnetly by people who entered a tourney (game can not be deleted) but then find that they can not play in the tourny for whatever reason.

This can been seen in the FAQ under "How my rating is calculated".
  4. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    20 Jan '05 17:03
    Originally posted by Saint Nick
    No, The games isn't actually rated until two moves are made by each player.
    You can resign the game before then without affecting your rating. This is done frequnetly by people who entered a tourney (game can not be deleted) but then find that they can not play in the tourny for whatever reason.

This can been seen in the FAQ under "How my rating is calculated".
    The FAQs state that:
    "If you enter into a rated game, your rating will be recalculated on its completion so long as at least two moves have been made by each player."

However I have an example that contradicts this:

In this game Game 872897 my opponent made one move before resigning - the game does not appear on my rating graph and my rating was not affected.

In this game Game 872856 we made one move each before my opponent resigned - this game does appear on my rating graph and my rating was affected.......😕
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Jan '05 17:07
    Originally posted by kw72uk
    The FAQs state that:
    "If you enter into a rated game, your rating will be recalculated on its completion so long as at least two moves have been made by each player."

However I have an example that contradicts this:

In this game Game 872897 my opponent made one move before resigning - the game does not appear on my rating graph and my rating w ...[text shortened]... t resigned - this game [b]does
    appear on my rating graph and my rating was affected.......😕[/b]
    In the first game u posted, your opponent hadn't made a move.

In tournaments, both players have to have made 1 move for it to be rated. Not 2. I think its 2 then for clan games/challenges.

D
  6. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    20 Jan '05 17:36
    Strange things are afoot....
    I've always thought is was two moves. Now I'm confused..
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Jan '05 17:44
    Originally posted by Saint Nick
    Strange things are afoot....
    I've always thought is was two moves. Now I'm confused..
    Well tournaments are always supposed to be rated. I think Russ put in the at least 1 move in tournaments because people might leave for a while, next rounds of tournies might start up, and whenever the user returns, their rating could be gone to pot.

Again, I may be wrong there.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree