Rollback

Standard membermike block
Help 04 Nov '03 14:47
  1. Standard membermike block
    QuickBooks Xero CPA
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Moves
    04 Nov '03 14:47
    It is no fun to play after a bad move. When we resign or draw it properly affects won-loss records and ratings. However, we should be able to agree to continue after rolling back to a selected move.

We would learn more and have more fun.
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    04 Nov '03 15:03
    well, an aspect of chess is that you - as in life - take decisions at a certain time. you can't live for a test periode or love for a test periode or ... πŸ˜‰ and so as you can't take back your whole life, you can't take back a move in chess 😠

well, I don't think that this would be very good. if you just want to play to learn, play unrated games and if you make a bad move, start a new game with the desired situation on the board: everything is possible here at RHP πŸ˜€
    th
  3. e2
    Moves
    04 Nov '03 15:22
    Originally posted by mike block
    It is no fun to play after a bad move. When we resign or draw it properly affects won-loss records and ratings. However, we should be able to agree to continue after rolling back to a selected move.

We would learn more and have more fun.
    Salvaging a game after a blunder is a lot of fun!
    If you want to "roll back," see if your opponent will play an unrated set-piece game once the rated one is complete. Then you can set up the board how it was before the blunder and play on for fun and learning . . .
  4. Standard membermike block
    QuickBooks Xero CPA
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Moves
    04 Nov '03 16:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard membermike block
    QuickBooks Xero CPA
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Moves
    05 Nov '03 06:57
    Originally posted by huntingbear
    Salvaging a game after a blunder is a lot of fun!
    If you want to "roll back," see if your opponent will play an unrated set-piece game once the rated one is complete. Then you can set up the board how it was before the blunder and play on for fun and learning . . .
    My Rollbacks will not reverse bad moves. You still finish games after a mistake. However, simple programming then lets you quickly and easily offer an unrated Set Piece Rematch, from right before a mistake. This should be of special interest to both parties. Of course, messaging about a planned Rollback offer may make an initial game go faster, while helping us improve the quality of our ganes.
  6. e2
    Moves
    05 Nov '03 13:41
    My Rollbacks will not reverse bad moves. You still finish games after a mistake. However, simple programming then lets you quickly and easily offer an unrated Set Piece Rematch, from right before a mistake. This should be of special interest to both parties. Of course, messaging about a planned Rollback offer may make an initial game go faster, while helping us improve the quality of our ganes.
    I see. But your suggestion is already possible, except you have to do that little bit of extra work yourself in setting up the position you want to play.
  7. Standard membermike block
    QuickBooks Xero CPA
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Moves
    05 Nov '03 16:16
    Originally posted by huntingbear
    I see. But your suggestion is already possible, except you have to do that little bit of extra work yourself in setting up the position you want to play.
    Rght, but I bet "that little bit of extra work" and not publicising that you can do it would make all the difference. A Rollback option, beneath Rematch, will vastly increase the number of such games. It also should increase the quality, enjoyment and quantity of overall play.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Nov '03 20:21
    However, simple programming then lets you quickly offer an unrated Set Piece Rematch, from right before a mistake.
    Rollback is not going to happen anytime soon - but this is a good idea. All the code is there, just a little bit of 'glue' and it will work! πŸ™‚

On the 'to do' list.

-Russ
  9. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    06 Nov '03 00:00
    Originally posted by Russ
    Rollback is not going to happen anytime soon - but this is a good idea. All the code is there, just a little bit of 'glue' and it will work! πŸ™‚

On the 'to do' list.

-Russ
    Russ,
    First let me say thanks for all that you do. I like the rollback idea. As one who is prone to a lot os blunders, it sounds great to me😡😡😡
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Nov '03 10:24
    Originally posted by Russ

On the 'to do' list.

-Russ
    Sorry, I was misunderstood there (due do my horribly ambiguous sentence). I was referring to the quoted idea. (rematches)

-Russ
  11. New York City
    Moves
    29 Nov '03 04:581 edit
    A very simple question - where is the geographical home of RHP? No agenda here, just curious...

MP

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree