1. Joined
    02 Jun '04
    Moves
    14 Aug '04 21:011 edit
    I'm sorry -- I love to complain, so forgive me as a non-subscriber making a suggestion. But, well -- to be honest -- I'm really saddened to see my non-subscriber avatar obviously in the form of a man. It really irks me. One could say it's a reason to subscribe, but since most chess players (and non-subscribers) here are male, wouldn't it be more of an impetus to have a female silhouette to drive them to join? Or, couldn't we have the choice of a male or female silhouette? Or have a non-gender related default avatar (or whatever those graphics are called)?

Russ, help! You have a thing for humiliating women, huh? πŸ™‚

Sarah --not resembling my silly avatar at all-- Tran
  2. Standard memberDebi
    Forum Lurker
    Moves
    14 Aug '04 21:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    02 Jun '04
    Moves
    14 Aug '04 21:252 edits
    Originally posted by Debi
    Sarah it`s because of women like you that womens rights are a joke - you want a silly avatar-perhaps a pretty rose?
    GO BUY A STAR!
    I'm sorry to be combative, but I'd say "it's because of people like you that tongue-in-cheek posts often fall on tin ears." Obviously, my continuing to play at RHP has no relation to my avatar, but I get a laugh out of seeing myself represented as a man and thought I'd mention it. It was meant as nothing more than pointing out something silly and harmless -- if you take it so seriously, I'm sorry. If more women had a sense of humor, we'd probably be able to accomplish a lot more!

Sarah

p.s. I pay (edit) more than $100 a year in subscriptions to chess sites (even though I'm heavily in debt). I'm just waiting my time to see and try out RHP.
  4. VeggieChess
    Moves
    14 Aug '04 21:391 edit
    Originally posted by AsianRose
    I'm sorry -- I love to complain, so forgive me as a non-subscriber making a suggestion. But, well -- to be honest -- I'm really saddened to see my non-subscriber avatar obviously in the form of a man. It really irks me. One could sa ...[text shortened]... n, huh? πŸ™‚

Sarah --not resembling my silly avatar at all-- Tran
    that's a good point and humorously put too, sarah!
    i myself didn't think that default represented me - in fact, i actually spent time trying to figure out who it was, before i realized it was a default
    now i am more appropriately represented πŸ˜€

well that was a few years ago, before i became smarter by playing chess here πŸ˜€

in friendship,
    prad
  5. Standard memberDebi
    Forum Lurker
    Moves
    14 Aug '04 21:48
    It was meant as nothing more than pointing out something silly and harmless--if you take it so seriously,I`m sorry.If more women had a sense of humour,we`d probably be able to accomplish a lot more!

It was read as nothing more than silly & petty!

-- if you take it so seriously,I`m sorry.
    SERIOUSLY? I am a member of a golf club-If I were to take womens rights etc. seriously ~I would have comitted murder by now!

A sense of humour? _ if it were funny I might have laughed- but I doubt seriously whether you would have accomplished anything!

BTW- from that avatar how can you tell if it is male or female-because I certainly can`t.
  6. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '04 21:50
    You go, girl! AsianRose made her point discretely, so all you women bashers put your cudgels away.
  7. Standard memberDebi
    Forum Lurker
    Moves
    14 Aug '04 21:52
    Originally posted by buddy2
    You go, girl! AsianRose made her point discretely, so all you women bashers put your cudgels away.
    ?
  8. Standard memberImpala03
    Attire Advisor
    The Chi
    Moves
    15 Aug '04 05:59
    Originally posted by Debi
    ?
    πŸ˜€
  9. UK
    Moves
    15 Aug '04 08:33
    Originally posted by AsianRose

p.s. I pay (edit) more than $100 a year in subscriptions to chess sites (even though I'm heavily in debt). I'm just waiting my time to see and try out RHP.
    If you paid a bit more for this one, you could choose your own icon anyway πŸ˜›
  10. Joined
    02 Jun '04
    Moves
    15 Aug '04 09:34
    How did Debi's reply to my first post get deleted? I'm glad I quoted her in my reply, otherwise people would think I was arguing with myself and I'd be getting unsolicited psychiatric advice. Anyway, the more I look at it, the more I've begun to think that the silhouette resembles my 7th grade French teacher. Spooky, just real spooky.
  11. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33Β°36'S 26Β°53'E
    Moves
    15 Aug '04 09:36
    Strange, that default avatar looks remarkably like a silhouette of my wife.
    πŸ˜•
  12. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    15 Aug '04 09:40
    ...Actually a good point AsianRose...

People like Debi as best left ignored. A good line to remember is "Don't feed the trolls" πŸ™‚

Maybe a second avatar should be available, a female stilhouette. Then again, there are very few females on this site, the stilhouette is only there to indicate that you're not a subscriber πŸ™‚

I'd say to stop subscribing to other sites and just join RHP! Welcome to the club πŸ˜€
  13. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    15 Aug '04 13:382 edits
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    ...Actually a good point AsianRose...

People like Debi as best left ignored. A good line to remember is "Don't feed the trolls" πŸ™‚

Maybe a second avatar should be available, a female stilhouette. Then again, there are very few ...[text shortened]... bscribing to other sites and just join RHP! Welcome to the club πŸ˜€
    I played Debi and she's a fine girl,I don't get why you say ''people like Debi as best left ignored'' and also I don't find her post so offensive to be cut off.
    The only thing that should be ignored here is Asianrose's post which simply doesn't make sense.
    I know plenty of girls with very short hair.............but if she wants the women to be a stereotype............
  14. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    15 Aug '04 13:51
    she's right.
    when you subscribe here you tell them your gender, so a sex-adapted silouette shouldn't be a problem!
    get's my rec...
    th
  15. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    15 Aug '04 14:16
    All I have to say to that is LOL

Are you seriously discussins the default avatar and regarding this discussion toward female discrimination ?? *still on the floor laughing*

Not much more to say really ... Get a star, support this site, and put a lovely picture of yourself up, otherwise please don't bother the system administrator with laughable requests like that ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree