1. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 19:03
    Did anything change recently? I tried to create a setup game, but the entire functionality for doing that doesn't appear anymore (at least not for me).
  2. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 19:16
    After you click New Game, look to the bottom left of your screen. There it should say "Click here to setup an unrated set piece game."

This link may work: http://www.chessatwork.com/core/paintboard.php?urlfen=rnbqkbnr%2Fpppppppp%2F8%2F8%2F8%2F8%2FPPPPPPPP%2FRNBQKBNR+w+KQkq+-+0+1
  3. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 20:40
    thanks. I should have used my eyes better. Had been a while since I created one.
  4. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 19:10
    It doesn't seem to work, though. Or at least, the setup indicator is missing in the gameslist. But i really think it doesn't work.
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 19:38
    I am also unable to get the set pice indicator to appear after I programed a challenge to a set piece game.
  6. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 03:33
    Originally posted by carjacker
    I am also unable to get the set pice indicator to appear after I programed a challenge to a set piece game.
    Still no help with the set piece game indicator symbol. I cancelled the challenge I had issued because the indicator didn't appear - and I sent feedback for help to RHP (Russ?) but no response yet.
  7. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 03:52
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    It doesn't seem to work, though. Or at least, the setup indicator is missing in the gameslist. But i really think it doesn't work.
    It is working fine for me. I sent you a set piece successfully, and I allowed one to be accepted by anyone and it too worked.
  8. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 03:54
    Again, worked fine for me.
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 07:39
    I just set one up successfully and it's showing correctly in MyGames. Perhaps the gremlin's gone to sleep.
  10. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 07:40
    Originally posted by Drew L
    Again, worked fine for me.
    It still doesn't work for me.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 10:08
    Can you describe the problem in detail, because I cannot duplicate this.

Thanks,

-Russ
  12. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 10:421 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Can you describe the problem in detail, because I cannot duplicate this.

Thanks,

-Russ
    OK, here we go:

-I start 'new game',
    -then select at the bottom left of the screen 'start a setup, unrated game',
    -then I get the board where you can enter a position, but I select 'start from this position', i.e. to start a setup game from move 0,
    -The system brings me back to the 'new game' page, with still the 'rated' indicator

When I first enter the name of my opponent, and then go through the above procedure, the 'rated' indicator is on again, and the name of my opponent disappeared.

I have read (and seen in their gamelists the confirmation) that since I posted this yesterday, others (a.o. MissOleum) sucessfully created a setup game, so there must be something user-selective in the problem, or I must be doing something wrong (but it seems I am not the only one, and I have created probably over 100 setup games before, but to be fair, not since the method has been changed).
  13. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 19:53
    Very interesting , I set up a game and checked the box for unrated game. I did not select the set piece setup button in the lower left of the new game window. The new game window opened as soon as I selected start new game from this position (from move 0). My opponent's name was gone as well as the other entries. Then I looked at my in box and there was the game to be played with the opponent I selected. BUT the set piece game symbol was not shown! Then I opened the game window and selected info and in that box it says the game is non-rated! Pehaps the non-rated /set piece game symbol will appear after we begin moving??
  14. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 03:332 edits
    I set up a game and checked the box for unrated game. I did not select the set piece setup button in the lower left of the new game window. The new game window opened as soon as I selected start new game from this position (from move 0). My opponent's name was gone as well as the other entries. Then I looked at my in box and there was the game to be played ...[text shortened]... is non-rated! Pehaps the non-rated /set piece game symbol will appear after we begin moving??
    After several moves in the "not rated" /set piece game described above, the set piece game symbol still has not appeared. I guess we who are playing won't know for sure whether the game is rated until it is over. I hope the set-piece/unrated-game symbol can be restored. It is more convenient than the info window.

The text that is being quoted above is "shortened" but not by me. I object. The text is mine and I do not approve of it being irresponsibly "shortened." By whom??? What is the rule/justification for this censorship?
  15. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 07:42
    Russ, it appears that when the player starting the game makes at least one change in the position, then the setup function works, but not if one selects 'start from this position' on the initial position. That should help you to find the bug.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree