1. Pretoria, SA
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 13:20
    There are three items I would like to see.
    1: Player activity is fine but it's almost meaningless. Someone might have logged 200 moves in a month but meanwhile they are playing 200 games. What about no of moves per game per month.

2: In the list of my games it would be good to see my opponents ratings displayed.

3: Time outs should not include weekends or optionally how about a joint mutual agreement to increase time-outs. I had the occurence where I started 2 games with a 3 day TO but my opponents moved much slower than expected. I drew the one game and fortunatelly the other player respected my vac status otherwise I would have lost a game cas of taking a LONG weekend
  2. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 13:23
    Well before spouting off about what you`d like to see, how about getting a star. 😠
  3. Pretoria, SA
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 13:45
    Ok give me a break I'm still new here 😳

On the positive site I really do think it's a great site, biggest frustration is the 6 game limit for non stars & then waiting whilst the opponents take forever to move. Yes I know it's correspondence but when one says fast game in the challenge than I expect the opponent to move often
  4. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 13:52
    Originally posted by miless
    Ok give me a break I'm still new here 😳

On the positive site I really do think it's a great site, biggest frustration is the 6 game limit for non stars & then waiting whilst the opponents take forever to move. Yes I know it's correspondence but when one says fast game in the challenge than I expect the opponent to move often
    Fair enough, the easyest way to get a rapid game flow is to get a star ( all of $14.95 for a year) then enter some tournaments, also joining a clan will give you more games too. After that you can set your own limit as to how many games you want to play. It is worth it, and yes it is a great site. 😀
  5. Pretoria, SA
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 14:19
    Ok the cheque is in the post soon enuf 😀

BTW any links to getting some work insurance, just in case my boss walks past...

On the topic of rapid games. Just started a new game. Our MSG logs is as follows (I'm white), Immediatelly after I made my last move he logs off. If that delete button was still there that game would b history:
    White B4 we begin, how often do u normaly move & play times? C my profile
    Black have a look at my profile and see what you think
    White Doesn't say directly how often u play. Indirectly U joined some time back & not 2 many games
    Black are we having a game or not?
    White well the pieces r moving so it appears that way :-)
    😠
  6. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 14:40

BTW any links to getting some work insurance, just in case my boss walks past...

On the topic of rapid games. Just started a new game. Our MSG logs is as follows (I'm white), Immediatelly after I made my last move he logs off. If that delete button was still there that game would b history:
    White B4 we begi ...[text shortened]... are we having a game or not?
    😠
    Dont know about insurance, but some of the people here can be a bit off, and a lot dont like to play anybody that hasn`t got a star. So i think you`ll find that as soon as your star comes up you`ll have a much more enjoyable time here. 😀 Dont get too disheartened.
  7. Standard memberderek9037
    Elder Statesman
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 14:41

White B4 we begi ...[text shortened]... are we having a game or not?
    😠
    Chill out man.

When you start entering tournaments you will come up against all sorts of gamesmanship. If someone knows you like fast games it's likely they'll sloooow down to see if it unsettles you, and that's one of the nicer tactics. Just play and enjoy it.

Ref at work, log onto a more appropriate website and keep it minimised ready to Tab to when someone walks past (tip here - drag your running icons quicklaunch bar all the way to the right).

8. Pretoria, SA
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 15:01
    Ok busy reading the forums cas I'm at my six game limits & waiting 4 my oponents to move. 😴

I don't really want 2 play more games simultaneously, cas sometimes it gets so busy just coping with 6. But there are days like today where it's like watching paint dry.

So what u guys are generally saying is I better get a star if I want 2 get that p off my rating sometime this year
  9. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 15:12
    Ok busy reading the forums cas I'm at my six game limits & waiting 4 my oponents to move. 😴

I don't really want 2 play more games simultaneously, cas sometimes it gets so busy just coping with 6. But there are days like today where it's like watching paint dry.

So what u guys are generally saying is I better get a star if I want 2 get that p off my rating sometime this year
    I think the p on your rating is just a provisional thing and after a few games it will dissapear anyway star or not. As for waiting ,i know what you mean and i`m playing a lot more games 89 i think.
  10. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 15:411 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 15:58

Paulie is right: the 'p' will go once you make 20 rated games. It just might take a while if you are playing slow games. Best to challange others with 7 day time out games to try speeding things up (or look to the open invites and see if any 'fast' players / low timeout games are on offer).

12. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 16:392 edits
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Well before spouting off about what you`d like to see, how about getting a star. 😠
    Paulie,

The Forum is called site _ideas_. I don't like the idea that I have to feel bad just because I have some good improvements to suggest for the site but I'm not a pawn star.

E.g. I suggested the printer friendly display of games the other day because I saw it on another chess site and found it usefull for me but for other players, too.

It's still up to Russ and Chrismo to set priorities for the enhancements. However, feedback from a non-pawn star is as good as feedback from a pawn star.

Gotti
  13. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 16:45
    Originally posted by gotti2000
    Paulie,

The Forum is called site _ideas_. I don't like the idea that I have to feel bad just because I have some good improvements to suggest for the site but I'm not a pawn star.

E.g. I suggested the printer friendly display of games the other day because I saw it on another chess site and found it usefull for me but for other players, too.

It ...[text shortened]... ments. However, feedback from a non-pawn star is as good as feedback from a pawn star.

Gotti
    Yeah, but its the way it was put that bugged me. Being a bit more polite wouldn`t of hurt. Anyway get a star...😀
  14. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 18:38
    Getting a star does not mean you will get faster games. You can only get more games, plus access to clans and tournaments. The speed at which a game is played is controlled totally by the players.

Getting a star in not required to make suggestions or present ideas. The site owners review ALL suggestions regardless of whether the person presenting it is a pawn star or not.

Subscribing to this site has always been a voluntary act, and any member who choses to maintain a free membership should not be harrassed by paying members.

Just my opinion,

Marc

15. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    13 Oct '03 19:27

You can use chessatwork.com which has a bit more of a work-friendly interface and color scheme....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree