1. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    14 Oct '03 07:29
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Getting a star does not mean you will get faster games. You can only get more games, plus access to clans and tournaments. The speed at which a game is played is controlled totally by the players.

Getting a star in not required to make suggestions or present ideas. The site owners review ALL suggestions regardless of whether the person presenting it is ...[text shortened]... in a free membership should not be harrassed by paying members.

Just my opinion,

Marc

You wont get faster games but you will get faster play just by the number of games.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Oct '03 16:07
    This site is not for fast play... if you want fast play join Yahoo. It is free. When I have no moves at RHP and want to play chess... a full game in just a few minutes.... I go to Yahoo.

Since I joined RHP my chess has improved to the point where I was rated in the 1300's and up to 1500's at Yahoo.

Fun site, just not designed for FAST FAST play.

P-
  3. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    14 Oct '03 17:372 edits
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Yeah, but its the way it was put that bugged me. Being a bit more polite wouldn`t of hurt. Anyway get a star...😀
    Hmm, didn't look that rude to me I have to say. Just short and to the point, which is a plus in my book. Your response was maybe a little aggressive....

After all, this forum's not called "Help and site ideas from pawn stars or newbies who say please"! 🙂🙂
  4. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    15 Oct '03 08:29
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    Hmm, didn't look that rude to me I have to say. Just short and to the point, which is a plus in my book. Your response was maybe a little aggressive....

After all, this forum's not called "Help and site ideas from pawn stars or newbies who say please"! 🙂🙂
    Short and to the point. Or maybe i should have been more polite, like "get a star please".
  5. Quepos, Costa Rica
    Moves
    17 Oct '03 17:23
    i would like to be able to click on an opponents flag and see what country they are from, other than that the site is wonderful.😵
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    18 Oct '03 14:52
    Originally posted by zanob
    i would like to be able to click on an opponents flag and see what country they are from, other than that the site is wonderful.😵
    yes or; russ, give us a tooltip with the country's name
    th
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    18 Oct '03 21:481 edit
    Originally posted by zanob
    Nice idea, there are so many flags around these days. I can't keep up with the latest developments in that field. 😕
  8. Quepos, Costa Rica
    Moves
    21 Oct '03 19:29
    who's decision is it? it doesn't seem like it would that hard to program.
  9. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '03 09:162 edits
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Yeah, but its the way it was put that bugged me. Being a bit more polite wouldn`t of hurt. Anyway get a star...😀
    Well, at the risk of probable excommunication I have to side with Paulie.

What is unpalatable is the like's of 'miless' and 'gotti2000' absolutely stracked out with their six games, and then also asking the site admin. to cater for some whims that make ALL of those games more manageable...... EXCUSE ME..!!!

I subsribed to RHP shortly after registering, acknowleging (sp) the value and quality of POS chess that it offered. It has enormously helped my opening repetoire and exposed me to other opening lines.

Given that I am running some 120+ games and am also holding onto an 1800 rating I regard myself as an 'above average' club player.

To my point : it's simple, Russ, you have my permission to authorise
    '2checkout' to double my annual sub to $US30, conditional upon the following conditions being met in perpetuem : 1. non-subscription players are prohibited from posting, in any forum and 2. restore the multi log-in facility that was an intergral part of RHP when I joined.

How about it all, $14.95 pa. is just way too cheap for the quality and feedback/options that we have on tap.
    Let's us all put a few more bucks into the site and get rid of the freeloaders.

skeeter

and a late PS; to 'miless' and 'gotti2000' -

put up or shut up !!
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Oct '03 09:381 edit
    Skeeter,

1) Anyone should be able to post to the forums - it is often the best way to get people involved with the site. Once people get sucked into the RHP community via the forums, they often subscribe later. So that is no-go.

2) An option to return to the multi-login system will be implemented soon. I'm just busy on some other stuff that isn't directly related to RHP at the moment - and I don't want to break my stride or lose the momentum. But the moment I'm done with that, I will get it done - it is not a big change. I’m setting myself up for a few new things to RHP – and that is one of them.

When we changed from donations to subscriptions, the original fee was 29.95 – but I changed that 2 weeks later. I think 19.95 would have been more sensible, if I was given the chance to make that decision again, but we are getting there slowly, all the same.

-Russ
  11. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '03 10:25
    Originally posted by Russ
    Skeeter,

1) Anyone should be able to post to the forums - it is often the best way to get people involved with the site. Once people get sucked into the RHP community via the forums, they often subscribe later. So that is no-go.

2) An option to return to the multi-login system will be implemented soon. I'm just busy on some other stuff that isn't dir ...[text shortened]... he chance to make that decision again, but we are getting their slowly, all the same.

-Russ
    Russ, to your points;

1. yes, I can see how that would be a big incentive which would lead to those valuable subscriptions. It still rankles though.
    2. multi log-on is a big want from me and other networked players, so
    its good to see the time frame.
    3. the double sub still stands, regardless. I consider it very good value for money.

BR's skeeter

12. Pretoria, SA
    Moves
    28 Oct '03 09:49
    [b]Well, at the risk of probable excommunication I have to side with Paulie.

What is unpalatable is the like's of 'miless' and 'gotti2000' absolutely stracked out with their six games, and then also asking the site admin. to cater for some whims that make ALL of those games more manageable...... EXCUSE ME..!!!
    I was browsing looking for something else when I came across skeeter's comments.

Personally I think this is totally uncalled for. As mentioned anyone can make suggestions irrespective of their star status. My work is a programmer so I think that allows me to view programs more from a practical point than a non programmer.

If whilst I'm waiting for my opponents to play I make comments on the forum so what? All (positive) comments help to make thios site better. It's arrogant attitudes from people like you that makes me wonder if I should stay at the site.

So Skeeter shove off yourself before you start ranting about others
  13. Joined
    04 Dec '01
    Moves
    05 Nov '03 00:06
    I have two games that keep popping up even though I don't want to play them and have deleted them many times. What to do to get rid of these?
  14. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    05 Nov '03 12:32
    Originally posted by skeeter
    ... and a late PS; to 'miless' and 'gotti2000' -
    put up or shut up !!
    Dear Mr. skeeter,

Given the fact that you are not interested in my comments I'm quoting a pawnstar owner with regards to your PS:

'Originally posted by Paulie
    Yeah, but its the way it was put that bugged me. Being a bit more polite wouldn`t of hurt. ...'

Thank you Paulie for your feedback.

Gotti
  15. Quepos, Costa Rica
    Moves
    22 Mar '04 01:32
    whatever happened to my suggestion about clicking on the flag?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree