Smaller board sizes

Smaller board sizes

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f

Leominster, MA

Moves
25 Mar 04

Would it be possible to get a couple smaller board size options in the My Board Settings ?? I often play on a laptop, and even the current small size is a little big for the screen .
Thanks

T

Moves
25 Mar 04

Originally posted by foil
Would it be possible to get a couple smaller board size options in the My Board Settings ?? I often play on a laptop, and even the current small size is a little big for the screen .
Thanks
I'd agree: at home I use an 800x600 screen and even the smallest size is rather large.

In addition, the analyze board feature seems to have a bunch of whitespace formatting that causes the board to be difficult to view within the fixed frame at 800x600. Allowing scroll bars on this pop-up window would be a help. (I usually Ctrl+N the pop-up page to get a duplicate with scrollbars).

Muncie, IN

Moves
25 Mar 04

In fact, I have found that even with a non-maximized browser (Opera) at 1024x768, I find that tournament games are pushed down enought that I have to scroll the browser window to get the whole board on screen. At 1152x864, I'm fine, but my home machine won't do that resolution.

I understand that making different board sizes is a lot of work. You need at least 36 new graphic images for each board size (six different "sets" with six different piece images per set) and possibly more, depending on how the board and its border are created (I haven't checked).

Russ, if you like, I will volunteer to create those images at whatever sizes you would like.

Paul

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
25 Mar 04
1 edit

perhaps I missed something,... [edit]uooups, yes I missed someting
th

T

Moves
25 Mar 04
1 edit

Originally posted by thire
perhaps I missed something,... [b][edit]uooups, yes I missed someting
th[/b]
You can indeed thire: I have that already set.
But for 800x600, even 'small' = just a bit too big!

You edited faster than I can type!

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
25 Mar 04

I agree. When I go to the analysis board, I have to move the window to see all of it. And I have to scroll right to see the game info pop-up window.

It's not a big deal, but I nice small stand-alone board would be really cool. But just a smaller board option would be really nice.

The site is not optimized for screen resolutions under 1024 x 768. If I get a bigger monitor at home, it might collapse my shelf!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
26 Mar 04

I had considered introducing a smaller set. I will see what I can do.

-Russ

T

Moves
26 Mar 04
1 edit

Originally posted by Toe
In addition, the analyze board feature seems to have a bunch of whitespace formatting that causes the board to be difficult to view within the fixed frame at 800x600. Allowing scroll bars on this pop-up window would be a help
Quoting myself... Egotistical or what?
Actually consider this an edit: the whitespace at the top of the Analyze board window seems to have been dealt with already (pre-emptive site management gets the thumbs up!), so scroll bars on the pop-up window are not necc. for 800x600 after all.

f

Leominster, MA

Moves
26 Mar 04

Originally posted by Russ
I had considered introducing a smaller set. I will see what I can do.

-Russ
Coolness ....
Cheers !!