1. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 22:34
    Off and on today I've been unable to load the site, or any of the other incarnations of it (chessatwork, timeforchess, redhotchess, playtheeternalgame). Other sites load fine, so the problem is not with my connection or browser. I've tried from different computers and internet connections too. 80% of the time, the site won't load, and then it works for about 1 minute and I can maybe make a move, and then it won't load pages anymore for several minutes. Often I get my games or the forum to load, and that is the only page I can load, as soon as I click a link it won't work. I don't see any scheduled maintenance or the screen that usually pops up for that. Is there something wrong with the site or what?

On the plus side, when I do get to see a board, I have about 20 reloads sometimes to doublecheck that I am really making the move I want to.

Note: This is my 8th attempt at posting this.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 22:39
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    Off and on today I've been unable to load the site, or any of the other incarnations of it (chessatwork, timeforchess, redhotchess, playtheeternalgame). Other sites load fine, so the problem is not with my connection or browser. I've tried from different computers and internet connections too. 80% of the time, the site won't load, and then it works ...[text shortened]... at I am really making the move I want to.

Note: This is my 8th attempt at posting this.
    Same here.

D
  3. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 23:29
    Sounds like it was having issues, and Russ fixed it:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=64410&page=1#post_1214759
  4. Joined
    20 Feb '07
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 07:24
    When I enter the site to make my move I cannot see the chess board or any of the pieces.

Dingaan
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 13:05
    Originally posted by Dingaan Zulu
    When I enter the site to make my move I cannot see the chess board or any of the pieces.

Dingaan
    Clear cache.

click ---> ctrl + f5.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree