Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Donation Jacko
    Knock, Knock...?
    14 Sep '04 20:17
    Hey, i was just wondering if there was any way of seeing the whole rating graph rather than just the last 300 games.

    I am getting depressed seeing my rating and would like to see the glory days once more.

    David
  2. Standard member tlai1992
    Retired knight
    14 Sep '04 23:53
    Originally posted by Jacko
    Hey, i was just wondering if there was any way of seeing the whole rating graph rather than just the last 300 games.

    I am getting depressed seeing my rating and would like to see the glory days once more.

    David
    maybe up to 500? i mean people have played 3000 games you dont want to look at 3000 games do u?
  3. 15 Sep '04 17:34
    or mayby pages like in the player tables
    1th page the last 300 games
    2nd page the again 300 games
    etc.
  4. Standard member pendejo
    GTX
    15 Sep '04 18:04
    what is the problem with viewing a graph of many thousands of games?
  5. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    15 Sep '04 19:35
    Originally posted by pendejo
    what is the problem with viewing a graph of many thousands of games?
    it causes much work for our busy server
    th
  6. 15 Sep '04 21:27
    Originally posted by thire
    it causes much work for our busy server
    th
    Unless the last thousand games were read from a cookie - which might be possible?
  7. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    15 Sep '04 22:15
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    Unless the last thousand games were read from a cookie - which might be possible?
    No idea how everything works exactly here, but:
    Do you want to save all games of all users in a cookie? A cookie has a maximum size of 400 bytes, I think just 20 cookies are allowed per website.
    I think it is not possible.
    But, why not allow it and to avoid too much work for our nice server add some waiting time (15 seconds?) if you want to see the rating graph. For people who are really interested and who are willing to wait, they can see this graph. Others, just "surfers" will not see it, becaue it will take too much time. This solution could be used for a forum search as well.
    I have no idea if this is possible or makes sense - it's more a question.
    th
  8. Standard member TheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    16 Sep '04 12:56
    Originally posted by Jacko
    Hey, i was just wondering if there was any way of seeing the whole rating graph rather than just the last 300 games.

    I am getting depressed seeing my rating and would like to see the glory days once more.

    David
    play better :p