1. Joined
    08 Oct '02
    Moves
    08 Aug '03 14:48
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    As far as I understand it, it looks like the system I was proposing, with or without automatic TO. The question remains what numbers to choose (x moves in y days movetime).

As far as I understand this site has an archive. So you could calculate
    real move rate and see how it's distributed - propose several rates which are in real use + add/not add holiday grace period to this rate.

There is no additional 'nightmare' in timestamping the moves. This is done already today (when you e-mail game you can choose move times or not). Only to make the consumed & remaining time visible to the players.

What I named 'nightmare' was CC timestamps (which exclude time when mail is on the way, something like ICC timestamps ;-) RHP doesnt have them and don't need them. But anyway look on the existing working rules IMHO have a sence for the sake of trouble checking/convenience. If these guys already did the job may be it worth to steal. ;-)

2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    26 Oct '03 12:18
    Just remembered this and wanted to bring it back from the dead. Any chance of a tournament with the proposed new timeout system?

T1000

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree