1. Brighton
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 00:39
    Hi, so I've set my vacation a while ago (23rd through 28th), but now that I've come back I find most of my games actually are depleting my timebank? But apparently not my (3-day, mostly) timeout?

A few with shorter time controls are fine, though - just as well as otherwise I'd forfeited them already.

But I'm totally baffled by the running down of timebank, despite indicating vacation. That's taking away time I might want later. Is that "a feature, not a bug?" if so I'd like that to be explained with more clarity in the rules coz it is not what I made it out to be... 😕

Regards,
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:111 edit
    All that the vacation flag does is prevent the skull from appearing, so that your opponents can't claim a timeout win while it's displayed. It doesn't stop any of the clocks. You need to make at least one move to protect yourself before the vacation flag disappears, but whatever you've used of your timebank is gone forever. Sorry. I wish it worked to protect timebank too, but it doesn't.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 13:07
    Originally posted by marvol
    Hi, so I've set my vacation a while ago (23rd through 28th), but now that I've come back I find most of my games actually are depleting my timebank? But apparently not my (3-day, mostly) timeout?

A few with shorter time controls are fine, though - just as well as otherwise I'd forfeited them already.

But I'm totally baffled by the running down of timeba ...[text shortened]... with more clarity in the rules coz it is not what I made it out to be... 😕

Regards,
    As kewpie states, the clocks don't stop.
    The best way of saving vacation days is to calculate when your earliest game runs out ot time AND timebank and set your vacation flag to start then(remembering the site works on g.m.t).
    For example, if you are away from the 2nd to the 15th and all your games are 3:7 with a full timebank on them all, move as late as possible on the 1st and set your vacation flag to start on the 10th(I:E ,a day before your skull is due to appear for g.m.t).
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 13:14
    Originally posted by venda
    As kewpie states, the clocks don't stop.
    The best way of saving vacation days is to calculate when your earliest game runs out ot time AND timebank and set your vacation flag to start then(remembering the site works on g.m.t).
    For example, if you are away from the 2nd to the 15th and all your games are 3:7 with a full timebank on them all, move as late as po ...[text shortened]... ur vacation flag to start on the 10th(I:E ,a day before your skull is due to appear for g.m.t).
    Very well explained.

Now where's my tomahawk gone???
  5. Brighton
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 22:52
    Thanks everyone, like I said, that's really poorly explained on the site. Also, bummer that the time actually disappears. Quite ridiculous, frankly.

Lesson learned, next time I'll calculate my holidays differently...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree