1. Standard memberpean
    Doctor
    New Jersey
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 01:36
    Students need to play tournaments online. How do I start one? We are talking considerable numbers here.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 02:11
    Originally posted by pean
    Students need to play tournaments online. How do I start one? We are talking considerable numbers here.
    You'll have to explain what you mean. You have a group that wants to play tournaments here?
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 11:05
    Pean,

Message me directly, and I can discuss upcoming features and what you need now.

-Russ
  4. Standard memberpean
    Doctor
    New Jersey
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 15:25
    Yes. Students are from all over the United States and an online site would be greatly advantageous for all.
  5. Standard memberpean
    Doctor
    New Jersey
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 15:28
    Can I set up my own tournament or do I need permission from someone to do this. I realize that students wanting to enter a tournament would have to subscribe to redhotpawn. Perhaps my university would pay for this, but is this something that could be negotiated?🙂
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 16:20
    Can I set up my own tournament or do I need permission from someone to do this. I realize that students wanting to enter a tournament would have to subscribe to redhotpawn. Perhaps my university would pay for this, but is this something that could be negotiated?🙂
    Nothing is impossible at the right price. Suggest you take Russ's advice and PM him.
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 02:15
    Perhaps if you suggested a group fee. Maybe the University could pay an annual fee to allow an unspecified number of pupils to join.... I'm sure Russ would consider it at least. 🙂
  8. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 04:33
    We had a big tournament last year for canadain universities. 10 universities with 4 boards each plus some extras so we had 40 accounts. They used World Chess Network. Got a great deal with them for 3 months. Not sure how they got it, but it was great.
  9. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 21:38
    wow. this sounds great.

just give em a freebie.

worth the one off.

(just my opinion)
  10. Standard memberpean
    Doctor
    New Jersey
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 18:29
    What do you mean by give them a freebie?
  11. Standard memberpean
    Doctor
    New Jersey
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 18:31
    Could you elaborate on this a bit more please. It sounds great. I am not familiar with the network you mention. The more details you can give me, the better. Thanks ever so much for replying.
  12. Standard memberpean
    Doctor
    New Jersey
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 18:32
    Who is Russ and how can I contact him?
  13. Standard memberpean
    Doctor
    New Jersey
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 18:37
    Hi, Russ. It appears you're the expert here from what I can read. What do you think of my plan to start a university tournament? Is it workable? I think redhotpawn is a fantastic site enabling me to meet some truly wonderful players.
  14. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 18:53
    Who is Russ and how can I contact him?
    Russ is one of the owners of this site. He also does quite a lot of the programming, manages membership details, and is the person that sets up all of the tournaments, etc.

Near the top of this thread he replied to your question and suggested that you PM him. If you click on his username you will see the option to send him a 'private message'.

That's what you need to do I think, in order to work out details. He may not see your post to him here in this thread. (He stays pretty busy)

Hope that helps.
  15. Standard memberpean
    Doctor
    New Jersey
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 23:54
    Hi, Russ. What do I need to do. My university may be willing to pay a fee depending on how many students offer to play. Please advise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree