unusal performance

unusal performance

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
29 May 06

When I click on a piece to move it, the whole screen goes blank then returns with the piece highlighted. Then when I try to move it the screen goes blank again and returns with the piece moved.
Very annoying, does anyone have any fixes for me?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
29 May 06

I've noticed this too, but am slightly less annoyed about it.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
29 May 06

Originally posted by Telesco
When I click on a piece to move it, the whole screen goes blank then returns with the piece highlighted. Then when I try to move it the screen goes blank again and returns with the piece moved.
Very annoying, does anyone have any fixes for me?
Try clearing your cache.

D

T

Moves
29 May 06

Thanks but that didnot work?

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
29 May 06

That happened when I used IE but not Firefox.

T

Moves
30 May 06

I've been using IE on this site for years, why all of a sudden?

Thanks

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
30 May 06

I've been using IE on this site for years, why all of a sudden?

Thanks
Because all of a sudden the web site has made some upgrades and function improvements. And when that happened it became heavy with script. While the site works with other browsers. It seems to perform much better with FireFox. With some the FireFox extensions and some script written for the greasemonky extension by one of the members here. You wouldn't believe all the improvements, bells and whistles you can have on your game page forums and Analise page. If I were you I would make the switch. Well worth the effort. I personally protested somewhat. But finally decided to give it a go. And I would never want to go back. Never, Never, Never. But then that is what I said about I.E.

T

Moves
30 May 06

Well that's a pretty convincing commentary on Firefox. I've been using IE for many years, Netscape for awhile but retuned to IE. I'm a little wary to try a new browser just for this website and just to cure this problem. Last week it was working fine??

Thanks

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
30 May 06

Well that's a pretty convincing commentary on Firefox. I've been using IE for many years, Netscape for awhile but retuned to IE. I'm a little wary to try a new browser just for this website and just to cure this problem. Last week it was working fine??

Thanks
IE isn't standards compliant. It does all kinds of strange things. It's also full of security holes.

F

Moves
30 May 06

I use IE and it works fine for me...

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 May 06

Nothing has changed regarding scripting in the last week, so if clearing the cache doesn't solve your problem, then this has to be localised to you. And therefore harder to solve.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 May 06

Do you have an older PC which may be busy with a background task when this happens?

-Russ

T

Moves
30 May 06

I figured it was something on my end and I discovered that my date and time were 3yrs off. After reseting my problem was solved.

Thanks

h
Mr.

Weston Ohio

Moves
03 Jun 06

where did the lines go? all of a sudden I have no lines on the board, just the men setting on a white background. the men still move but I find it hard to tellwhere thay are at .