vacation

Standard memberBrodaty
Help 26 Aug '09 14:38
  1. Joined
    05 May '09
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 14:38
    Maybe I don't understand the holliday rules. I booked a holliday (9 days) but my reflection time stil was running when I was on a holliday. It is conffirmed on my settings. I moved in all games before holliday. When I come back I've found that I lost in 3 games because of time. I played a lot on a different web sites and all the time when I had booked a holliday my refection times was stopped. It is normal or it is bug ?!
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 14:461 edit
    Originally posted by Brodaty
    Maybe I don't understand the holliday rules. I booked a holliday (9 days) but my reflection time stil was running when I was on a holliday. It is conffirmed on my settings. I moved in all games before holliday. When I come back I've found that I lost in 3 games because of time. I played a lot on a different web sites and all the time when I had booked a holliday my refection times was stopped. It is normal or it is bug ?!
    Reflection Time?

Time Bank and clocks still count down while on vacation here.

If you plan to be away for 9 days, book 10 or 11 days. You need to save enough vacation time to make all your moves BEFORE your vacation ends.

Clocks still run while on vacation. You must move in your over-due games BEFORE vacation ends.

P-
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 15:143 edits
    When you book a vacation your time clocks still keep running in your games.
    While you're booked on vacation the only thing this changes is no one can time you out while you're on vacation. No skull appears to your opponents to click for the win.
    The second your vacation flag goes down all your games that have run out of time will have skulls for your opponents to click for the win.
    As Phlab suggested it's always good to book a extra day or two to always make sure. You can un book any unused days when you return from vacation and save them for later.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 15:18
    Don't think of it as vacancy time. See it as time out immunity time.

During your vacancy you cannot be timed out. Everything else is exactly as usual. Clocks tick and your opponent moves.
    You are even allowed to move yourself, in order to save time bank.
  5. Joined
    05 May '09
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 17:03
    Tanks for the explanation. I was sure that the rules are similar to that from ICCF. It looks that it is quite diffrent. So what happened if I am playing in 1/7 tournamt and I leave for 14 days. As I understood I have to book 15 days and move at least in last day of my holliday. I won't lost on time but after my holliday I lost all my timebank and will be pushed to play everyday. Right ?
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 17:091 edit
    Tanks for the explanation. I was sure that the rules are similar to that from ICCF. It looks that it is quite diffrent. So what happened if I am playing in 1/7 tournamt and I leave for 14 days. As I understood I have to book 15 days and move at least in last day of my holliday. I won't lost on time but after my holliday I lost all my timebank and will be pushed to play everyday. Right ?
    So what happened if I am playing in 1/7 tournamt and I leave for 14 days. As I understood I have to book 15 days and move at least in last day of my holliday. I won't lost on time but after my holliday I lost all my timebank and will be pushed to play everyday. Right ?
    Yes.
  7. Standard memberGalaKev
    Borderer
    Scotland
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 18:17
    Must admit I found it weird this when I first started as I expected the time to stop ticking down. Therefore meaning when you come back off holiday you are in the same position as you the day you went away.

It does not help in 1/7 games, but if you work out when your first game is going to be timed out, set the vacation flag, to start the day before. Then your vacation time will not be eaten into too much
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 18:332 edits
    Originally posted by GalaKev
    Must admit I found it weird this when I first started as I expected the time to stop ticking down. Therefore meaning when you come back off holiday you are in the same position as you the day you went away.

It does not help in 1/7 games, but if you work out when your first game is going to be timed out, set the vacation flag, to start the day before. Then your vacation time will not be eaten into too much
    Interesting... You save some vacation time while your timebank ticks away.

Also, you must be careful. Each new day starts GMT... I learned that the hard way here in Eastern Time.

P-
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 18:381 edit
    Originally posted by GalaKev

I agree that the time should just stop ticking altogether.
    But if that was the case I also think there should be less vacation days available each year than what's there now. Like half that's there now.
    But who am I, and I don't know what is required of the site administrators to make the change.
    Someone could take it to the site ideas forum for a shot if they wish. It doesn't matter to much to me. But I would support the idea.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 20:52
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    I agree that the time should just stop ticking altogether.
    But if that was the case I also think there should be less vacation days available each year than what's there now. Like half that's there now.
    But who am I, and I don't know what is required of the site administrators to make the change.
    Someone could take it to the site ideas forum for a shot if they wish. It doesn't matter to much to me. But I would support the idea.
    Here's my problem, KD...

Some years back the admins offered us a choice:

Timebank System or Vacation System.

Most everyone wanted a Timebank System, and the admins introduced it.

Next, some year or 2 later people started asking for the vacation system. No one used the timebank as it was intended to be used, extra time in case you went on a vacation.

I myself played only played 7/14 games just in case I went away for a week or two, but so many people either forgot what timebank was for, or new users just wanting to play fast games being afraid to play a game that might drag out an extra week or 2.

So, next thing you know we get the vacation system as well.

Also, it was supposed to be 28 days... but for some reason the admins changed it to 36.

They should never have added the vacation time, and reminded people WHY we were given the timebanks.

P-
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 21:543 edits
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Here's my problem, KD...

Some years back the admins offered us a choice:

Timebank System or Vacation System.

Most everyone wanted a Timebank System, and the admins introduced it.

Next, some year or 2 later people started asking for the vacation system. No one used the timebank as it was intended to be used, [b]extra time
    in case you went o ...[text shortened]... never have added the vacation time, and reminded people WHY we were given the timebanks.

P-[/b]
    okay, I see. I still think 14 or 15 days of vacation each year with complete clock stoppage in timeouts and time banks is better than the vacation system that's in place now. As you see it can be confusing the way it is now. especially for newer players to RHP. Plus things come up while gone on vacation which can keep you detained days longer. Like hurricanes, tornado's,travel delays,etc
  12. Standard memberGalaKev
    Borderer
    Scotland
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 10:18
    I have started a thread on the site ideas Thread 118385

The change as suggested above this gets my vote.
  13. Joined
    05 May '09
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 11:371 edit
    In my opinion the timebank system is confusing and hard to understand for new players. I lost one cleary won game and two games to much lower rated player. My provisional rating dropped down about 100 points. It was my first lost on rhp 😳 I think that vacation system is much better and more clear.
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 16:37
    In my opinion the timebank system is confusing and hard to understand for new players. I lost one cleary won game and two games to much lower rated player. My provisional rating dropped down about 100 points. It was my first lost on rhp 😳 I think that vacation system is much better and more clear.
    Nothing is wrong with time bank once you KNOW how it works.

I played here for nearly a month not realizing you get messages in game at the top... There is a transition time to learn RHP.

There was a time I made games to play out mate strategies, before I realized each unrated game actually counted as a LOST GAME.

What the heck? Admins STILL have not changed that so I don't bother anymore. Been here 6 years and still learn new things about the site all the time.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree