1. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 03:26
    What do I do if I was verbally harassed in a game with the comment "OK SIR...I TRUST THIS WILL BE DEFINITIVE AND CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU....GO F*** YOURSELF! HOWS THAT?" in one of my games with another user.
  2. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 04:13
    name and shame...

or send feedback
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 04:14
    his/her user name is sitch629. Is this comment reportable?
  4. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 04:22
    send feedback [bottom of page]

I would call it abuse...
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 04:35
    Originally posted by TheHumanFritz
    What do I do if I was verbally harassed in a game with the comment "OK SIR...I TRUST THIS WILL BE DEFINITIVE AND CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU....GO F*** YOURSELF! HOWS THAT?" in one of my games with another user.
    he only has 16 games and is still provisional. i suspect that he would be abusive to others if he was that way with you. if several players report him, then i presume that he will be banned, or warned, and then banned, if he does that again.

however, having said that, we cannot know all the comments that led up to why he would send you that message. i'm not saying that his message was okay, but that we don't know what your prior messages to him might have been. the mods and managers can check that out, i suppose.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 04:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 04:54
    Move 70 TheHumanFritz
    Sorry I do not understand vulgar langauge. What did you say again?

Move 70 sitch629
    OK SIR...I TRUST THIS WILL BE DEFINITIVE AND CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU....GO F*** YOURSELF! HOWS THAT?

Move 69 TheHumanFritz
    Yes or no? I want a definitive response.

Move 68 TheHumanFritz
    draw?

Move 67 TheHumanFritz
    Why dont u repond?

Move 66 TheHumanFritz
    Hey you know its funny how you wait till the very last minute before you make your move. Why don't you just accept the loss? And rematch me?
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 05:05
    Move 70 TheHumanFritz
    Sorry I do not understand vulgar langauge. What did you say again?

Move 70 sitch629
    OK SIR...I TRUST THIS WILL BE DEFINITIVE AND CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU....GO F*** YOURSELF! HOWS THAT?

Move 69 TheHumanFritz
    Yes or no? I want a definitive response.

Move 68 TheHumanFritz
    draw?

Move 67 TheHumanFritz
    Why dont ...[text shortened]... very last minute before you make your move. Why don't you just accept the loss? And rematch me?
    i see. that's clear enough.

well, first, the problem is that you were pressing a player who uses the clock to drag out his games. lots of players in RHP do that. might as well get used to it and be ready to move on and forget about it.

for the non-subs, they HATE being stuck on a game where they can't move. those games tie them up since they can only have six games. a sub can sit for a month of a move on vacation and take the full count for every move, causing the other player to be very frustrated. this is what got to you.

what i'm getting at is that you offer a draw, he refuses, and your insistence on an answer bordered on harrassment of him. so, if he never said comments like that to anyone else, he was just having a bad moment and will probably just go on with his life like it never happened.

report him if you like, but my advice is to just go on with your own games and try not to let the clock laggers get to you.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 05:09
    That was all the messages that we got. Our position is almost even now I think and I wanted a draw and then all of a sudden he gave me the f-bomb. I only asked him why he kept delaying the game (for a week now) once, so I do not think I harassed him.
  10. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 05:35
    i understand. i'm just telling you how it looks to me and i wasn't playing and we never communicated before this. i am not saying that what he wrote to you was okay. it wasn't.
  11. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 05:412 edits
    Personally I think it's a bit annoying when people try to offer a draw through a message. If you seriously want to offer a draw, just do it through the official mechanism. If the opponent moves, then there's your answer. Otherwise you could just be screwing with the person-- "Want a draw?" "OK." "Hmm... maybe his position is weaker than I thought. I think I'll play on."

It's not justified for him to swear at you, but IMO you did do something to provoke him by offering the draw that way and then pushing him on it.

And as for dragging out the moves... you never really have a right to complain when the person is moving within the time limits that you both agreed on when the game started. It's only a 1/0 game, so it's not like he can drag it out that much. If you want faster than 1/0, you need to play a live game.

Basically you sent 4 messages in a row provoking him, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise that he eventually fired back.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 06:24
    Hey sent me a message saying "maybe." I offered him the draw in the game anyways but he sent me a message saying maybe so I asked for a yes or no response because I thought the positoin was even at the time. And then he goes ahead giving me the f-bomb.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 07:49
    When I get a message I find offensive, I (most often) answer friendly. Next time I point out, in nice words (usually), that I found it offending. The third time I tell him that I put him of my ignore list if he continues. If he despite this continue I put him on my ignore list after a short message that I do. Alas, my problems are over. When the game is over I delete him from the ignore list.

I never (try to anyway) stop offensive messages with another offensive messages. It's like putting out fire with gasoline.

We're here to play chess. Well, let’s play chess and enjoy it, that's my motto.

If anyone's trying to force a draw by messages, I would find it annoying. But I would never use vulgar language for that reason. I would just tell him to stop annoying me and continue to play chess. If he want a draw and I find I can win the game, then he has to prove his point by playing, not by arguing.

I do not comment this particular game until it is over.
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 14:26
    I don't believe the title is accurate as you haven't been VERBALLY harassed.

I think the word you were looking for was TEXTICULARLY harassed.

Anyway, you have a few options, send feedback, place player on ignore. Up to you.

D
  15. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 17:292 edits
    User 97934 was banned for the same reason.

He started harrassing me in Game 3776080, accusing me of using an engine and my mom. 😠 Also banned for having multiple accounts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree